Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Rivian Battery Supply Chain team is looking for highly motivated and exceptional Purchasing professionals to bring Rivian’s engineered products to life. In this role, the Lead Research Analyst will be responsible for supporting all the aspects of sourcing the high nickel Lithium-ion cells for Rivian programs.
As an analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the Battery Supply Chain team in all commercial and strategic aspects of the awarding of new business. You will also take the lead in liaising the Supply Chain Group Managers with our Corporate Development Team, and with our Executive Leadership Team. In our team, we expect our people to own every aspect of their duties from start to finish and everything in between. This role reports to the Senior Group Manager of the Battery Cell team within the Vehicle Team of Supply Chain Organization.
This is what you’ll do:
- Help defining the procurement strategy for high nickel Lithium-ion cells
- Build financial models for potential investments along the battery supply chain
- Analyze return of strategic capital investments, and refine purchasing strategies
- Build presentations related to Lithium-ion battery strategy for our Executive Leadership Team
- Support RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
- Develop sourcing models by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Assist in contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders
- Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data
- Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
- Develop should-cost models and industry analysis of various battery cells materials
- BA/BS degree in business administration, finance, engineering or equivalent (required)
- 3+ years of experience in Investment Banking and/or Consulting in battery, automotive, consumer electronics or related industry
- 1+ years of exposure to Lithium-ion Battery Industry (through deals or consulting projects)
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, financial models
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated, organized and demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker. Ability to prioritize multiple projects, develop effective plans, coordinate change management, and see projects through to conclusion
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant with outstanding/fast tracked opportunities for growth
- Advanced Degree in Chemistry, Material Science, Cell Engineering, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Purchasing/ Supply Chain management, including strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management in battery, automotive, consumer electronics or related industry
- Basic knowledge of battery cell/pack technology, chemistry, active materials, and main cost drivers
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.