Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Lead Engineer in the Mobile Service Upfit team, you will be the technical lead for the engineering development of the Rivian Mobile Service Upfit program. You will oversee the designs that will convert vehicles into Mobile Service Vehicles that can provide vehicle services for our customers outside the Rivian Service Centers.
- Lead the engineering program for upfitting vehicles for the mobile service program
- Design innovative layouts, tooling, and equipment in support of increasing mobile service offerings
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors on design strategy, availability, timelines, quote reviews, and finalize bill of materials
- Work with cross-functional teams to create solutions to upfitting and servicing Rivian Mobile Service vehicles
- Provide cross functional support between Service Programs, Service Engineering, and the Upfitting team
- Support validation of new tools, equipment, correction codes, and repair procedures to ensure Mobile consideration with the Service Lab, Service Training, and Technical Publications team
- Support improvement and validation of repair procedures for accuracy (process, labor times, safety, etc.)
- Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads regarding project status, resource requirements, issues, and priorities.
- Proactively identify risks related to the program, and create plans to resolve in a timely manner while considering priority
- Guide product life cycle from early-stage generative research and discovery, through iterative concept or prototype testing, launch and post-launch measurement
- Operate as a liaison for field technicians with Service Engineering using a feedback loop that enables continuous improvements to repair procedures, tooling, and mobile service vehicle designs
- Continuously improve the mobile service repair procedures without compromising quality and safety of the repair
- 7+ years of experience in Automotive industry
- BS in Engineering or Technology equivalent
- Experience managing a program from beginning to end
- Experience creating and maintaining product specifications and CAD drawings
- Hands-on fabrication skills, manufacturing, and experience building prototypes.
- Knowledge of commercial automotive tools and equipment
- Knowledge of EV Powertrains and HV systems
- Purchasing / Supplier Management experience
- Strong written and communications skills
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Proven track-record as a problem solver
- Ability and willingness to be a servant leader to mentor and coach others
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Ability to travel as needed
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.