Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The primary purpose of the Incoming Quality Group Leader is to lead, plan, organize and coordinate the overall daily activities of the Incoming Quality Team Members and Leads. To identify and contain defective material within the plant as well as performing layered process audits of different areas of the plant. Responsible for all incoming product inside the plant.
• Specific primary responsibilities are defined by the following, but not limited to:
• Maintains a high-quality relationship with supplier quality and work closely with them to identify and communicate issues with supplied product to drive containment and closure of open issues.
• Maintains a high-quality relationship with the internal shop production managers and group leaders.
• Skilled at data driven problem solving of issues identified in process and products.
• Plans and establishes quality team agenda and coverage of parts produced in plant as well as incoming material.
• Monitoring and control of capital and expense spending.
• Responsible for the direct supervision of Incoming Quality team members, auditors, and team leaders.
• Insures adherence to quality standards, standard work, safety, and overall performance of the quality validation team.
• Ensure that quality team training is completed at required time interval.
• Responsible for the safety of quality employees and that all quality equipment is in safe operating condition.
• Regularly reports out quality performance to peers and management team.
• Determine quality team activity including recommendation of hiring, firing, performance, wage, and salary reviews
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Engineering or Technical bachelor’s degree Preferred.
• 5+ years of manufacturing or mechanical experience and 3+ years of supervision experience.
• OR a combination of education and experience
• Understanding of quality standards and inspection methods.
• Understanding of how to quarantine and manage non- conforming material and MRB processes.
• Understanding of layered audit procedures
• Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
• General office software usage capability (email, excel, word, etc.)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.