Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Vehicle Applications teams’ mission is to ensure our products are always ready for our customer’s next adventure. We achieve that mission through a suite of applications that integrate our platforms together. Building a vertically integrated company requires a vertically integrated software solution and our team builds for every phase of the business, from the in-vehicle firmware to cloud, embedded and mobile applications to our B2B Fleet OS platform. Our team is responsible for Smart Diagnostics, Rivian’s Diagnostic Engine that drives in-vehicle and remote diagnostics via manual, no-code, and ML driven root cause analysis. We are developing the most advanced integrated diagnostic system in the world; capable of proactively monitoring, analyzing and learning from our fleets throughout their lifecycle.
This is what you’ll do:
- Build, test and release complex mission critical full-stack products for internally and externally facing software
- Gain a unique look into how EV’s work inside-out and strengthen your EV domain knowledge
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for development and integrations
- Use automation as an opportunity to reduce roadblocks and achieve deliverables
- Work with awesome people, participate in team culture and build an adventurous future
This is what you’ll need:
- BA in Engineering (Computer Science / Data Engineering / Data Science or relevant degree / experience)
- Proficiency in Python, Node.js or Golang
- Proficiency developing API Frameworks (GraphQL preferred, RESTful API pattern)
- Proficiency developing frontend components and single page applications using technologies like typescript, React (or similar) with a keen eye for design
- Proficiency with cloud infrastructures (AWS preferred)
- Familiarity working with AWS Lambdas, Docker and Kubernetes or other serverless and container-based architectures
- Experience with Amazon EKS
- Solid understanding of databases (Postgres, RDS, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Great understanding of caching, security and privacy considerations
- Unit testing and test-driven development experience
- Systematic troubleshooting and root cause analysis experience
- Knowledge of Agile Development of Accessible Software Tools
- Strong understanding of OOPs
NICE TO HAVES:
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Experience developing SaaS products
- Experience building fullstack IoT products
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with native apps (mobile or desktop)
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Vehicle Applications
Location: Palo Alto, Ca
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.