Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Support launch activities and production ramp up of Body Exterior systems.
- Be the first point of contact for all the issues found on the builds and resolve, calling in support from the DREs and Managers when required.
- Responsible for delivery of the Body Exterior engineering requirements from the prototype phase through to stable production.
- Represent Body Exterior Engineering with the plant team during launch, maintaining strong inter-departmental relationships amongst the other teams.
- Apply broad engineering knowledge and expertise to resolve problems during Prototype and Production builds.
- Ensure lessons from robust root cause actions are being driven back to core and advanced engineering teams.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in all areas of engineering management with a clear focus on quality, cost, and delivery.
this is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- CAD design experience for your commodity including an excellent understanding of those systems & components which surround & interface to your commodity – Catia V6 experience is preferred.
- Experience delivering multiple vehicle programs to production, with specific experience in Exterior commodities
- Desire to work in a cross functional team to understand and resolve complex production concerns.
- Able to drive and solve complex problems, using advanced problem-solving techniques to determine containment, root cause analysis, countermeasure, and lessons learned.
- A strong understanding of the first-principles physics of your system – the loads, forces, overall function of the system and key attributes.
- CATIA V6, PC literate and proficient with the use of MS Office products.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.