Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Internship Term: Summer 2023
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term with an expected graduation date between Fall 2023 through Fall 2025.
If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
You will be part of perception team focusing on data analytics and pipeline. You will implement ETL pipelines and create services and tools for others to improve data availability and data visualization. During this internship you will define and improve processes for data monitoring and data integrity in our ecosystem.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using python and AWS technologies.
- Work on high impact projects which create services and tools for others to use data more efficiently and analyses data easily.
- Analyze, debug and correct issues with data pipelines.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process for automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Technical support of data analytics operation
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s in Computer Science/ Software Engineering or related field.
- Strong python programming background.
- Hands on experience with cleaning and analyzing large scale data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Passionate about solving challenging problems and iterating quickly.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with computer vision algorithm.
- Experience designing/developing/deploying machine learning models.
- Previous experience in building web tool for image visualization and data pipeline.
- Have hands-on experience with AWS and services like EC2.
- Have experience extracting and analyzing autonomous vehicle sensor data (CAMERA, LIDAR, CAN , GPS,…)
- Salary Range/Hourly Rate for Colorado Based Applicants: The range of pay for internships is $25.00-$51.00 per hour. Actual compensation will be determined based on location, and other factors permitted by law.
- Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.