Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Electrical Distribution System Engineer will be responsible and accountable for ensuring all assigned Harness Assemblies are readied for release to support mass production in accordance with Rivian engineering best design practices, considering, DFM/DFA, and APQP/PPAP supplier quality standards.
The EDS engineer will act as a technical lead for their assigned components and ensure supporting Systems and Application Engineers have completed all necessary design deliverables to support Gateway objectives from initial, product plan feature requirements, mid-cycle actions, and through end-of-life for assigned Harness Assemblies.
- Collaboratively design electro-mechanical components by interfacing with multiple business functions within the company in support of electrical hardware such as ECUs, antennae, displays, harnessing, switches, audio, and power systems.
- Identify all device connections for each harness family and design routes in CATIA V6 considering mechanical, electrical, environmental variables, and collaborating with EDS Systems Engineers
- Support pre-sourcing, requesting relative harness sub-components, supporting 2D/3D librarians for information gathering from Tier1/Tier2 suppliers
- Create component, inline, and/or specialty cable proposals for system engineering support from a packaging perspective
- Work in a team in the development of bespoke harnesses and sub-components such as, grommets, channels, unique connectors, holding weekly design reviews with suppliers for relative components
- Lead internal and supplier design reviews of all assigned harness families
- Support Rivian Vehicle Assembly and Tier1 builds, including on-site support for rapid design and rework for prototype / pre-production mule, electrical/mechanical static buck(s), and verification phases
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering disciplines
- Experience / understanding with harness sub-components, plastic-injection molding, rapid proto-harnessing sub-assembly, and form-board production assembly processes a bonus
- Willingness to build rapid-prototypes, including procurement of components
- 2D CAD experience and proficiency a bonus
- 3D CAD experience with CATIA v5/v6, NX, SolidWorks, or etc. is a bonus
- Knowledge of DFMEA principles and execution a bonus
- Willingness to develop new technologies for future programs
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing, and listening)
- Self-driven, displaying initiative with minimal supervision
- Patience, kindness, self-control, confidently centered around a positive mental attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.