Revel’s mission is to accelerate EV adoption by providing the infrastructure and services that make it easy to go electric. While other companies set goals for 2030, we’re focused on change we can make today. We’re also focused on cities, which have the biggest barriers to EV adoption but the most potential for change.
Our Operating Principles
Revel’s Operating Principles represent who we are, how we act, and what we believe. They define our culture.
Empathy. We seek to understand the experiences and perspectives of each other, our customers and the communities where we operate.
Ownership. We are excited by big challenges and care deeply about our work. We empower and rely on each other and hold ourselves to a high standard.
Humility. We take our work seriously but not ourselves. We’re approachable, curious, and know we have a lot to learn.
Adaptability. We expect change and quickly adjust our approach to reflect new information. We know success requires seeing opportunity in obstacles and relentlessly improving.
Simplicity. We clarify and prioritize what can be done now. We strive to keep things no more complicated than absolutely required.
We are looking for a Director of Policy and Government Affairs to join our Corporate Affairs Team reporting to our Vice President of Corporate Affairs. This role will be critical in advancing Revel’s Government Affairs & Policy efforts by driving the company’s policy agenda and building public sector and stakeholder support for the expansion of Revel’s product lines.
A successful candidate will be execution-oriented and have experience working with regulators at the local, state, and federal levels to advance policy goals in the areas of energy, infrastructure and transportation. They will also have a track record of securing government contracts, funding opportunities and managing a team. A background in electric vehicles/electric vehicle charging infrastructure strongly preferred.
- You have 10+ years of professional work experience in public policy analysis and implementation, advocacy, legislative affairs, government in the private and public sectors
- You have a background in energy and/or transportation
- You have experience working on issues facing densely populated urban areas
- You have won RFPs and competitive grants at the federal and/or state level
- Experience working with state utility boards and/or electric industry related experience (utility, trade org, ISO, agency, etc.) strong plus
- You are a strong project manager, who is able to develop and execute policy campaigns and quickly determine the relevant stakeholders needed to get the job done.
- You have experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- You have experience managing vendors and/or consultants
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with firm deadlines and thrive in roles where you are empowered to take on, and be accountable for work that has a significant impact on company growth
- You are an execution-oriented self-starter and critical thinker who is able to adapt quickly to changing political environments
- You will be a great advocate for Revel’s priorities who is able to clearly and effectively articulate Revel’s approach and results.
- You take your work seriously but not yourself
About the Role:
- Work with relevant departments to develop and represent policy positions to stakeholders on a diverse array of policy issues: tech, energy, and transportation policy; workforce; challenges facing transportation networks and EV charging companies
- Proactively develop action plans and legislative solutions for issues that arise
- Establish and lead processes to identify and win RFPs and other contracts, competitive grants, project managing across various internal teams
- Track and advocate for Revel before state utility boards and associated regulators
- Drive Revel thought leadership initiatives, partnerships, and campaigns at the federal, state and local levels, including with associations, think tanks, policy organizations, and NGOs focused on issues of relevance to Revel and our community. Identify strategic targets and form relationships with government officials, organizational staff, and allies to advance policy goals
- Partner closely with Revel’s comms team to ensure a tailored communications strategy on policy and regulatory work.
- Track public policy issues at the federal, state and local levels that could impact Revel and our community, keeping relevant internal partners informed and involved as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
- Stock Options
- Free Moped rides and discounted Rideshare rides
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance
- Unlimited Vacation/PTO
Hybrid position based in New York City.
https://www.cigna.com/legal/compliance/machine-readable-files. This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.