Let us describe the challenge we offer
Polestar is blazing a new trail, dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. Your experience as a Vehicle Motion Verification and Validation Engineer would be invaluable to us both in software development and management.
If you are an innovative, open-minded person who believes that electrification is the future of the auto industry, we would like to hear from you. This position as located at our HQ in Gothenburg, Sweden.
What you’ll do
Vehicle Motion is a team within SW&E responsible for complete Chassis Software and Electronics development, therefore we have diverse engineers consisting of Function Developers, Embedded SW Developers, Electronics Engineers, SW Tuning and Calibration Engineers. In our team, with the opportunity to wear multiple hats supporting various responsibilities.
The area of responsibility covers all chassis software and electronics development and spans over all Polestar programs. Your responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for complete Chassis V&V efforts (HIL/SIL/DIL/In-vehicle) for software and electronic hardware
- Responsible for planning and strategizing program requirements for V&V
- Responsible for Chassis HIL/SIL/DIL environments, simulation models, instruments etc
- Define and manage V&V test methods, fulfilling functional safety, legal, certification, and release requirements
- Support Chassis, Vehicle Dynamics, and Electrical team in troubleshooting bugs, performing virtual calibration, and reviewing technical results
- Lead V&V discussions with suppliers, internal cross-functional teams, and partner OEM
- Manage, review and coordinate tests performed by our partner OEM and Tier 1
- Support advance engineering study, prototype builds etc. through simulations and making gateway solutions.
Who you are
We are looking for someone who is flexible, driven and has a problem-solving mindset supplemented by a hands-on attitude. You are a team player and appreciate learning and developing through performing your task and take great own responsibility for delivering results and contributing to the growth.
To be successful in this role we believe you have:
- Demonstrable experience working HIL/SIL/MIL environment
- Experience in Vehicle Dynamics/Chassis Controls
- Experience in Automotive network systems
- Experience of Software release testing
- Proficient with software tool chains like CarMaker, VMatlab, Simulink, Visual C++, Canalyzer, Canape, Canoe etc
- Proficient with real-time systems eg: Dspace, Vector etc
- You master verbal and written communication in English on a professional level.
Furthermore, you are enthusiastic, passionate, transparent, motivated and well-organized. You are a strong communicator and you’re not afraid to try new approaches and out of the box methods.
At Polestar, you will be a part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Personal fit will be of great importance in this recruitment, as we are actively working to build a team with diverse experience, gender and background.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way.