Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Sustainability & Mass Engineer within the Body Structure Team
Let us describe the challenge we offer
Our Global team is developing exciting products for the future. As part of the Global Sustainability Matrix this role focuses on the coordinating of technical definition and application of an exciting breadth of existing and new technologies onto new vehicle concepts, interacting across engineering functions and attribute teams.
Sustainability & Mass are key driving factors in all new product creation through continued efficiency of the current designs and new technologies and processes. These projects will be both cross functional and focused within specific function groups.
What you’ll do:
- Enable innovative and impactful sustainability work within the relevant Function Group
- Increase the sustainability performance of the materials and functions within the respective area
- Manage the mass status v target, championing a focus on efficient design whilst promoting a “nothing without purpose” mindset across the whole team
- Drive sustainability activities for the Function Group in line with Polestar’s sustainability strategy, e.g. for circular components.
- Define targets and action plan for the Function Group in line with programme mass & sustainability strategy and targets
- Define long-term targets and action plan for the Function Group relating to Polestar’s sustainability strategy
- Actively seek out, test and implement innovative and more sustainable solutions pertaining to the functional area
- Define and follow up on sustainability KPIs unique for the Function Group
- Educate and support co-workers within the Function Groups on sustainability
- Initiate and/or take part in research and advanced engineering projects relating to the Function Group’s materials and functions
- Secure compliance to sustainability regulations and compliance obligations relating to the functional area
- Manage a network of external sustainability experts and partners pertaining to the functional area
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, e.g. by representing the Function Group in cross functional work groups
- Work closely with the Sustainability and Mass Attribute Leaders to cascade and distribute the targets for the Function Group & track status
- Conduct sustainability and mass benchmarking activities to identify risks and opportunities
Who you are
- You have more than 3 years of experience working in sustainability, preferably within automotive
- You have a relevant university degree, preferably within sustainability linked subject.
- Your main expertise and passions are sustainability and materials
- You have a proven track record in managing projects and cross-functional work groups
- You are energised by working in a creative start-up environment, taking action where you see potential and creating structure where needed
- At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.