Let us describe the challenge we offer
Polestar is blazing a new trail, dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. Your experience as a Software Manager Propulsion System Controls would be invaluable to us in creating world class drivability features, energy efficient and performance based software.
If you are an innovative, open-minded person who believes that electrification is the future of the auto industry, we would like to hear from you.
This position is based at our HQ in Gothenburg, Sweden.
What you’ll do
Our Propulsion System & Controls is a part of the Polestar Propulsion department, which is a team with a mission to deliver results which exceed the customers’ expectations. The team consists of software engineers and developers for functions, calibration engineers and system designers. The area of responsibility spans from torque management, energy management and thermal management and end to end responsibilities of the functions.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Managing and coaching team members in their career development and our deliverables in thermal management, torque management and energy management
- Being a part of developing the organization for software development and quality assurance processes related to ASPICE and ASIL including building up Polestars capabilities of releasing inhouse developed software with tools and CI/CD
- Support the teams with the programs, deliverables, budget and scope
- Be a part of our strategic planning, and initiate new programs based on strategic needs
- Having a strategic mindset and the ability to engage people in our future challenges, have the passion and leadership culture to overcome obstacles in day to day work.
Essentially, you are a leader with a Polestar mindset. You will strive for achieving exceptional customer experience within Propulsion software control and you embrace collaboration to strive for the best product experience.
Who you are
You have a strong will to create the future of electric vehicles – it’s probably fair to call you an EV nerd passionate about solving climate changes. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organized and driven. You’re not afraid to try new approaches and out of the box methods. You need to function both individually and with leading teams. You have a holistic view, including vision, business, and customers. You have excellent communication skills and who is motivated by challenges, enjoys building teams and cooperate with others to reach common goals. You are energized by working in a creative start-up environment, taking action where you see potential and creating structure where needed.
To be successful in this role, we believe you have:
- BSc or MSc in Technical University or other equivalent university degree
- 2-10 years of experience as a manager within software development
- Previous experience from the automotive industry
At Polestar, you will be leading a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication.
Personal fit will be of great importance in this recruitment, as we are actively working to build a team with diverse experience, gender and background.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way…