Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Senior Vehicle Integration Engineer
Let us describe the challenge we offer
An exciting opportunity to join our expanding Vehicle Integration function, to help drive the technical development of Polestars electric performance cars of the future. The Vehicle Integration team is responsible for ensuring that the vehicle package, vehicle attributes and 3D geometry are bought to together with the design requirement, in the most effective and efficient way possible in order to ensure Polestar cars are industry defining and mould breaking. You’ll work mainly at new office facilities in Coventry, Nuneaton and from home, with occasional travel to HQ in Sweden.
What you’ll do
You’ll be responsible for driving the technical development of your zone or area of the car. Working along side other integration engineers, you’ll form part of a key team that leads the vehicle definition. You will lead cross functional technical issue resolution, whilst providing innovative solutions to problems. Your remit will be to lead the package definition and vehicle integration ensuring that technical requirements, customer expectations and the design aesthetic are perfectly balanced.
For example, you will:
- Lead cross-functional package & design studies
- Ensure compatibility of the vehicle design for manufacturing, service & sustainability
- Be responsible for creating & documenting vehicle & design guidelines
- Lead vehicle integration and package meetings, and drive technical development
Who you are
You’ll be a highly motivated and driven individual with a desire to always be better. You’ll also be a natural team leader with a proven ability to take on multiple tasks and deliver them as both an individual and part of a team. You will be able to work without strict processes or procedures and have the desire to improve on existing solutions within the business. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with a well organised and methodical approach to planning and executing studies with minimal supervision will be needed to succeed in this role.
To be a great fit for this position we believe you have:
- A design or engineering degree (Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will also be considered).
- 5 years or more of experience
- Experience in whole vehicle set-up & both mechanical and top hat package layouts & concepts
- Expertise in package legal requirements and standards
- Experience with occupant set-up, vision & ergonomics assessments
- Expertise in Catia V5 including surface development & part design.
- Knowledge of / proficiency in CAVA / AVA
- A good understanding of material & process selection, and their design constraints
At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.