Polestar is blazing a new trail, dedicating itself to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. Your expertise as an experienced Mobile Developer in our Polestar Mobile App development team would be invaluable to us as we develop software for the companion apps for our electric vehicles.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
The Polestar Mobile Apps team is a team embedded in the digital organization of Polestar. Organizationally, the team is placed in the product area ‘Apps & Vehicle Data’ within the domain of Customer Acquisitions and Services (CAS). CAS delivers digital solutions that enable the acquisition of new customers and provides services to existing customers. The primary goal is to provide a world-class experience in both physical and digital touchpoints. The domain is a key enabler of Polestar’s overall strategy as a D2C brand and the increasingly important aftermarket business.
What you will do
The product you will be working on is used by all Polestar customers using our companion app, making sure the customer has a seamless and hassle-free experience in using the vehicle in combination with their remote car features and other Polestar systems in the connected car ecosystem. Together with the team, you are responsible for developing and delivering an excellent and stable product.
Who you are
You’re not afraid to try new approaches and out-of-the-box methods. You have a holistic view, including vision, business, and customers. You possess strong communication skills and a desire for collaboration. You are a fast learner and are not afraid of addressing tough challenges.
To be a great fit for this position we believe you have:
- Relevant technical education and background
- Work experience within native Android/Kotlin development
- Well familiar within Android App Lifecycle, Android Background Services, Android Studio, ADB, etc.
As a person you
- Take ownership of the team’s deliveries and issues that may span multiple systems including front-end, backend, and automotive
- Can give and receive constructive code reviews
- An open mind about different Agile Processes and can help the team adapt its ways of working
- You enjoy learning new skills, languages, and toolsets
- At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating, and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process, and the job post will be open until the position is filled.