Polestar is blazing a new trail, dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. One of the key pillars of the Polestar brand is in sustainability, feeding a desire to create a truly climate neutral car in its entirety.
The Polestar Software and Electronics R&D team have several roles available, considering initiatives which will feed directly into the future sustainability of the business through:
- Enabling innovative and impactful sustainability work within and across the functional groups
- Increase the sustainability performance of the materials and functions within Software and Electrical
If you are an innovative, open-minded person who believes that sustainable electrification is the future of the auto industry, we would like to hear from you.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
Our Global team is developing exciting products for the future, that will be sourced and manufactured in China. As part of the Global Sustainability Matrix this role focuses on the coordinating of technical definition and application of an exciting breadth of new technologies onto new vehicle concepts, interacting across engineering functions and attribute teams.
Sustainability is a key driving factor in all new products creation through continued efficiency of the current designs and new technologies and processes. These projects will be both cross functional and focused within specific function groups, working closely with the Project 0 team (zero greenhouse gas project) to plan short to long term projects.
What you’ll do
Polestar’s design and development teams are based in Sweden and UK. You will be working with many different areas of the business with close collaboration to the Central Sustainability team. As part of being the project lead you will:
- Drive sustainability activities for the functional team in line with Polestar’s sustainability strategy
- Be the go-to-expert on the materials and functions for the functional area relating to sustainability
- Define targets and action plan for the functional team in line with program sustainability
- Define and follow up on sustainability KPIs unique for the functional team
- Educate and support co-workers within the functional teams on sustainability
- Initiate and/or take part in research and advanced engineering projects relating to the functional team’s materials and functions
- Ensure compliance to sustainability regulations and obligations to related functional areas
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, e.g. by representing the functional team in cross functional work groups
- Preparation of reports and feedback to the central sustainability team
- Responsible for highlighting new system developments required to deliver new product content
- Supporting technical discussions with suppliers, internal teams, and partners alongside area specialist
- Act as a company ambassador for the electrical system and software.
Who you are
You have a strong wish to create the future of electric vehicles – it’s probably fair to call you an EV nerd passionate about solving climate changes. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organized and driven. You’re not afraid to try new approaches and unconventional methods, and you work well both individually and with leading teams. You have a holistic view, including vision, business, and customers. You are energized by working in a creative start-up environment, taking action where you see potential and creating structure where needed.
To be successful in this role, we believe you have:
- Electrical, Electronic Systems, Electro-mechanical, Automotive, or similar engineering degree. Other recognized engineering qualifications combined with relevant experience may be considered
- At least 5+ years of previous relevant experience delivering projects within automotive or similar field
- Good understanding of Automotive Electrical systems and Electronics
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills with a proven track record in managing projects and cross-functional work groups
- Previous experience working with sustainability, preferably within automotive, is meritorious
- Experience developing sustainable electronic materials for automotive applications is meritorious
At Polestar, you will be a key member of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication.
Personal fit will be of great importance in this recruitment, as we are actively working to build a team with diverse experience, gender and background.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way…