Polestar is blazing a new trail, dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. Due to unprecedented growth, we are now looking for several Principal Engineers within the Body Structures team, with this specific role being focused on overall structures Design & Development. Your broad automotive experience within the following area would be invaluable to us both in concept work and when working with current designs for increased customer satisfaction:
If you are an innovative, open-minded person who believes that electrification is the future of the auto industry, we would like to hear from you.
The Body Structure team is a growing unit within R&D. Our mission is to deliver class leading mechanical platforms, focusing on structural performance design efficiency and light weighting, offering Pure, Progressive, Performance, to provide a Customer Experience that exceeds their expectations.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer Body Structures the Principal Engineer take responsibility for the delivery of a body structure area critical to the success of the Body Structure team within the Body Structures Function Group. You will be a key part of program delivery providing technical leadership to your team responsible for the engineering, development, and integration of Body Structure systems into the overall vehicle architecture for Polestar vehicles.
Your responsibilities will be:
- The Principal Engineer will lead a team of design and project engineers responsible for both technical delivery and team development.
- Provide technical leadership of system design and development.
- To represent the Body Structure Function Group as a credible authority on structural performance aspects.
- To translate programme deliverables into a successful plan of work for the team, to deliver within the programme budget and timescale.
- Adoption/creation of applicable test, development and design standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ensure that the hardware content & design enables system & vehicle level attribute targets to be met.
- Ensure design for manufacture to support cost effective production.
- Take the lead in design & manufacturing reviews with management and executive team.
- Directive input of the multiple system bill of materials & management of the content to meet mass, cost & investment targets.
- Define and deliver release plans and activities to support vehicle build stages.
- Works seamlessly across the teams to ensure a collaborative approach is applied to the delivery of the projects
- Provide direction, guidance & coaching to more junior members of the team to support their development.
Essentially, you will be a guiding star; you will help spearhead the growth and transformation of in-house Body Structure Platforms in Polestar, keeping an eye on future electric vehicle development needs with a focus on Sustainability to ensure that Polestar is striving for an exceptional, class leading, customer experience.
Who you are
You have a strong wish to create the future of electric vehicles. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organized and driven. You’re not afraid to try new approaches and unconventional methods, and you work well both individually and with leading teams. You have a holistic view, including vision, business, and customers.
You will have several years’ experience in a leadership position in a related field. Detailed knowledge and understanding of the requirement for the development of Body Structure systems. Technical and personal credibility, working effectively with other functional teams and business functions.
Strong leadership with the ability to influence and motivate others to achieve the best possible results
At Polestar, you will be leading a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication.
Personal fit will be of great importance in this recruitment, as we are actively working to build a team with diverse experience, gender and background.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining. In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive, performance.