We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining. In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive, performance.
In order to succeed at Polestar, you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciplines is paramount. Attitude is everything at Polestar, we are always pushing boundaries and in order to achieve the unimaginable you must have a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities.
At Polestar, we don’t work like a traditional automotive OEM. We are a young, diverse, and inclusive company with our roots in Swedish culture, looking to change the way the industry works. We believe in being truly sustainable and are looking for people who share our vision of improving the world around us.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for carrying out virtual and physical development activities for the efficiency and range aspects of the PED attribute within the Vehicle Development team.
- Work within the performance, efficiency, and driveability vehicle attribute, with a focus on efficiency and range, supporting vehicle development from concept to production
- Support the development and running of virtual vehicle models, for performance and efficiency, performing analysis and reporting out findings
- Assist in vehicle preparation for testing and development
- Support and run vehicle-based and rig/dyno-based testing and benchmarking activities, including certification activities
- Set up and run data acquisition systems including data analysis
- Produce test reports and report back to the business on attribute performance
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to ensure robust issue resolution
- Work closely with suppliers and test facilities to ensure successful test activities
- Travel within the UK and Worldwide for development testing will be required
Who you are
- You will have a bachelor’s degree or some equivalent industry experience.
- Familiar with virtual modelling and simulation
- Good initiative, with the ability to plan and organise, and to manage own time and prioritise
- A flexible approach to work, with a desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot problems, applying innovative and creative approaches where required
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and aural), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams within the organisation
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office tools
- Full driving licence is essential
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union
Desirable skills & experience
- Experience with vehicle testing including data logging and processing, and vehicle electrical networks and systems (CAN, Flexray, Ethernet)
- Experience in HV systems
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait to submit your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.