Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Logistics Co-ordinator.
In order to succeed at Polestar, you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciples is paramount. Attitude is everything at Polestar, we are always pushing boundaries and in order to achieve the unimaginable you must have a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
Prototype Parts Co-ordinator – Vehicle Line
Reporting to the Pre-Production Build Programme Manager, the Logistics Co-ordinator will be responsible for liaising with the Polestar R&D Function Groups, Logistics companies and external suppliers to ensure parts are delivered on plan according to R&D requirements. Once the builds are in progress, the role will turn to the recording, tracking and status reporting of issues raised throughout the various stages of our prototype activities.
- Liaise with the internal groups and suppliers to ensure parts are delivered on plan.
- Create mitigation plans to reduce delays in material shipping.
- Help resolve issues with parts delivery and transport.
- Lead shipping and logistics activities for the UK team.
- Work with logistics companies around requirements and customs paperwork
- Maintain the budget for shipping (Vehicles and Materials)
- Report out on status updates and target vs goal to variety of audiences.
- Travel to the supply base to prevent delays (where appropriate).
- Track and lead issue resolution activities for the prototype fleet.
- Plan activities in order to fulfil the requirements of the company’s engineering timing release system, considering timing dependencies with other systems where necessary.
- Experience working in/for medium volume vehicle projects would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills – at ease working with a cross-functional team of engineers and suppliers.
- Flexible, enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure.
- Diligent, attention to detail, able to work confidently with high volumes of data
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritise workload & manage external inputs/requests
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.