We are looking for a person with high experience within analyzing legal requirements and standards for HV Battery System Development.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
Polestar is blazing a new trail, dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. Your experience as a legal analyst engineer at would be invaluable to us both in concept work and when working with current designs. Read more below and apply today!
This position is located at our HQ, in Gothenburg. We understand that work-life balance isn’t easy, and of course, welcome our employees to work flexible hours and from home a couple of days per week if needed. We believe in empowerment.
What you’ll do
You will be a part of the Battery System Design & Validation team, a part of the Propulsion Department at Polestar. The legal analyst is responsible for securing battery compliance for global markets. It is an interface role to translate requirements (legal, technical, internal) for the battery R&D organization. Furthermore, the legal analyst maintains a close dialogue with the Certification Team to align the approached to proof compliance. Part of the role will also be to support the Charging team.
Main Tasks and Responsibility
- To ensure compliance to legal requirements of electric energy storage systems
- To maintain sufficient competence in the applicable requirements
- To be the interface between Certification and R&D organization
- To do interpretation of legal requirements and align with certification strategy
- To support certification preparation and certification related activities
- To drive continuous improvement and develop tools and processes for certification
Who you are
To be a great fit for this position we believe you have a strong will to create the future of electric vehicles – It’s probably fair to call you an EV nerd, passionate about solving climate changes.
We are looking for a person with competence in the following areas:
- National and international Standards related to electric energy storage systems and charging (SAE, ISO, IEC)
- Legal requirements (such as GB standards, UN R100, UN R10, Dir 2006/66/EC and upcoming UN & EU regulations)
- Automotive Standards and Functional Safety
- Knowledge of legal requirements in global markets
- Ability to read and analyze complex legal requirement texts
- Excellent skills in summarizing and communicating legal requirements and certification needs to others
- Excellent documentation skills, attention to detail
At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
Personal fit will be of great importance in this recruitment, as we are actively working to build a team with diverse experience, gender and background.
If you are an innovative, open-minded person who believes that electrification is the future of the auto industry, we would like to hear from you.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way…