- Full Time
Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Surface Materials Engineer in the Interiors Team.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
We are looking a for an engineer with strong colour and materials experience, as well as excellent communication and project management skills. As we grow our team, we are developing new and innovative materials for upcoming programmes. This role will be responsible for managing new developments and working across functions at Polestar to align the material selection on our interiors.
What you’ll do
Working in the Interior Surface Materials team, you will work closely with our Advanced engineering team, having a direct input into future innovations and exciting new materials. You will collaborate not only with the up-front team, but also with our design department and engineering colleagues to develop and introduce these materials into production vehicles. With this cross-collaboration, you will play a central part in developing our sustainable material portfolio and influence Polestar’s position as the market leader in modern material selection that benefits the world we live.
- Manage new material developments, defining test plans and managing timing and cost
- Manage the relationship between design, engineering, and advanced engineering to offer the best materials into our vehicles, whilst meeting programme targets
- Carry out visual assessments against appearance targets and standards (AAR / Grain Mapping)
- Contribute to our library of material standards and appearance documents
- Manage material suppliers
- Report out project status to management at gateways
Who you are:
In order to succeed at Polestar you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciplines is paramount. Attitude is everything at Polestar, we are always pushing boundaries and to achieve the unimaginable you must have a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities.
- 3+ years working in Automotive Industry or similar field
- Direct validation and development experience of new automotive materials
- A materials science or engineering degree
- Forward thinking and constantly up to date with automotive and adjacent industry material trends
- You have a passion for sustainability and desire to improve and impact the world we live in
- You have experience in working with sustainability teams and have a working understanding of Life Cycle Analyses
- You have a proven ability to work to deadlines and prioritise your own workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.