- Full Time
Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit an Interior Senior Buyer.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
Polestar is aiming to bring driving pleasure into a new era with an all-electric product offering of progressive performance cars that are designed and engineered without compromise with minimized CO2 footprint. As the UK Procurement team grows, we’re looking to recruit an Interior Senior Buyer to work in close collaboration with UK R&D and the Global Procurement team.
This role will report directly to the UK Purchasing Manager but also with dotted line business reporting into the Interior Global Category Manager in China.
This position will be a hybrid role split between our 2 UK sites in Coventry and Nuneaton as well as home working.
What you’ll do
The successful candidate will lead the procurement, negotiation and supply chain management of Interior commodities for Polestar’s new and existing vehicle programmes. They will need to secure market competitive pricing with an emphasis on sustainability whilst maintaining frequent supplier contacts.
- Lead end-to-end sourcing activities from RFI/ RFQ through to contract signature and supplier performance review.
- Collaborate with Engineering and act as the main contact for all commercial supplier issues.
- Create and present supplier strategies and sourcing decisions in the global supplier choice forum.
- Coordinate cross functional teams comprising of Engineering, Programme Management, Quality, Cost Estimating, Manufacturing and Legal to secure the project deliverables.
- Collaborate with global Procurement team across the UK, Sweden and China, in addition to other brands within the Geely group to maximize corporate synergies.
Who you are
- 5 years+ purchasing experience of sourcing automotive commodities preferably from overseas markets within the Interior function.
- Knowledge and purchasing experience of key Interior commodities such as trim, safety systems, seating, comfort systems, instrument panel and cover stocks.
- Detailed knowledge of global supply base for Interior components.
- University degree or equivalent qualifications or work experience
- Knowledge of MS Office packages; experience with Procurement ordering and management systems and processes.
- An understanding of cost structure, with fact-based negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross culture understanding.
- Smart and flexible mind-set, with efficient working performance under complicated global environment.
At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
Is this you? If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.