At Polestar we don’t just drive innovation in our cars – our entire business model is different from our competitors. We’re looking for a creative, innovative, experienced, and hands-on professional to take the wheel in building out and leading Polestar purchasing function in the U.S. market.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
As the Head of Procurement, you will lead a team responsible for indirect purchasing and direct materials procurement based at our South Carolina factory. You will be responsible for overseeing the direct and indirect material functions in close coordination with our global purchasing team. This role will work with global and regional stakeholders as well as Polestars R&D facility based in the United Kingdom. The Head of Procurement will be in charge of sourcing activities for all engineering development projects and all new North American procurement projects by developing a global sourcing strategy focused on cost saving opportunities and other purchasing KPIs that are in line with company objectives.
What you’ll do
- Develop global sourcing strategy for dedicated commodities and maximize the localization within the U.S. market
- Collaborate with our global procurement team and local stakeholder teams to develop strategic approach for procurement and ensure deliverables are in line with project goals and requirements
- Cultivate Polestar’s current supplier base to meet cost, quality, and delivery expectations
- Prospect and foster new supplier relationships to meet project timelines, objectives, and cost targets
- Strive for cost savings opportunities and global purchasing goals in line with company KPI’s
- Manage supplier relationships and regular supplier evaluations to ensure quality delivery of services and materials
- Design, optimize and adapt the sourcing processes based on the current performance, stakeholder needs, and overall business objectives
- Ensure procurement processes remain within compliance guidelines
Who you are
- 10 years+ purchasing management experience in the automotive industry
- Proven experience developing and managing teams (experience with a global company preferred)
- Demonstrated experience developing sourcing strategies and driving cost effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management or equivalent
- Familiar with auto component global supply base and powerful ability to analyze markets
- Capability to develop manage projects within a global team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortable working with senior management
- Ability to drive and complete tasks independently
- You thrive in fast paced, autonomous working environments
Polestar – the guiding star
Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in by catalyzing the change to sustainable mobility. We are a global team of highly talented individuals who share a passion to change the world. We challenge conventions and we challenge ourselves for the purpose of innovation. We believe innovation is a team effort and that just like each component is critical to the performance of our cars each person working at Polestar is as important to the team and its performance. We work in close collaboration across empowered global teams that don’t settle for anything less than excellence.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.