Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Group Leader for Chassis Systems
Let us describe the challenge we offer
The Chassis Systems group is an expanding team within R&D. We are responsible for Suspension/Axles, EDU Installation, Wheels & Tyres, Brakes, Steering and Thermal Systems. Our mission is to deliver world class Chassis Systems, focusing on class-leading performance, mass & sustainability, to provide a customer experience that exceeds their expectations. Due to unprecedented growth, we are now looking for a Group Leader to spearhead the Driveline, Suspension & Tuneables sub-teams. Your broad automotive experience would be invaluable to us both in concept work and when working with current designs for increased customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do:
This is a senior leadership role within the Chassis Systems function group where you will be expected to take a key role in supporting the Chief Engineer to develop the overall strategy & direction of the team. You will lead several sub-teams of multi-disciplined engineers responsible for the engineering, development and integration of chassis systems into the overall vehicle architecture for all Polestar vehicles. Essentially, you will be a guiding star; you will help spearhead the growth of in-house Chassis Systems in Polestar, keeping an eye on future electric vehicle development needs with a focus on sustainability to ensure that Polestar continues to deliver an exceptional, class leading customer experience.
For example, you will:
- Lead the successful delivery of the Chassis Systems in your area for multiple programs, meeting or exceeding performance, mass, sustainability, quality and cost targets
- Support the Chief Engineer to define the strategic vision, goals and expectations for the future of the Polestar Chassis Systems team
- Identify any gaps in resource, knowledge or expertise and take the necessary remedial steps
- Define & develop methods, tools and processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Support & coach the team members to evolve and grow in their roles
- Develop future strategies and technology roadmaps
- As the ambassador for your area, build relationships & networks across the company
Who you are
You have a strong wish to create the future of electric vehicles. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organised and driven. You’re not afraid to try new approaches and unconventional methods, and you work well both individually and with leading teams. You have a holistic view, including vision, business, and customers.
To be a great fit for this position we believe you have:
- You will have experience of delivering a minimum 2 full programmes as an Engineering Manager
- 10+ years’ experience of being responsible for both technical & commercial aspects of a programme
- You will be recognised by your peers as an expert in your field
- It is essential you have built and developed teams previously
- A track record of introducing both technical and team development strategies
- Proven experience of effective communication in senior management
At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.