Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Principal engineer for Mechanisms – Charging & Door Systems
- Lead the Charging & Door Systems content of the Exterior Mechanism’s commodity ownership. Includes but not limited to Charge port flap & bracketry, Door access and latching systems, Glass drop package and window lift across all programmes.
- Development of Technical Specifications and Targets (system level cascaded to component)
- Provide schemes, final designs and release drawings aligned to project requirements
- Develop and implement world class technology / systems across the vehicle
- Coordination of engineering activities carried out by the suppliers/partners – Design/Development, Test/Validation, Manufacture
- Coordination of all cross functional inputs/outputs for Styling, Package, Vehicle Integration, CAE, Test, Manufacturing, Service, Quality and Safety
- Interface for all other Systems groups (i.e. ADAS, Chassis, EPS, Electrical, Closures, Body Structure, Interior, Seating & Restraints)
- Ensure that agreed deliverables are completed meeting cost, timing, quality, sustainability, specifications and targets
- Ensuring the accuracy of the BOM (cost/weight tracking)
- Lead the generation and maintenance of system and component level DFMEA’s.
- Lead the development/management of DVP&R schedule
- Management of a Coventry based Design team
- Provide reports to management – technical, concerns, status
- Oversee release status meetings (Both internal and with D&D suppliers)
- Attend design reviews and support package and vehicle integration meetings as required
- Coordination of activities associated with the carry over and carry over modified parts
- Coordination of suppliers to meet cost, time, quality targets for tooling and parts (prototype and production)
- Proven track record of system/component technical design and delivery within this area in automotive or similar engineering environment.
- Prior knowledge of vehicle charge systems including worldwide variants and requirements, legal & certification, sound understanding of door packaging and initial layout for hard point setup eg. glass drop and latch positioning, production technologies and processes, motors and software interface and basic sealing familiarity would be advantageous.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.).
- An Engineering Degree (Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered).
- Ability to work proactively with minimal support using a logical approach in an environment with minimal documented processes.
- Flexible to support other team members in multiple programs as required
- Intrinsically self-motivated with an ability to work to challenging budgets and time scales on multiple priorities
- Ability to manage a team, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercial awareness for preparation of projects and proposal development
- TeamCenter and Catia V5 proficiency an advantage
- Collaborative working via Teams and experience of M/S office suite.
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation. This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Chief Engineer or Group Leader.
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.