Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Principal engineer – Closure -Front closures and hang on parts
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Front Closures & Hang on Part design & project team within the Body Exterior function group across all programmes
- Lead development and implementation of world class closure systems
- Development of Technical Specifications, ESOW’s and Targets (Programme level cascaded to component)
- Provide schemes, final designs and release drawings aligned to project requirements
- Coordination of engineering activities carried out by the suppliers/partners – Design/Development, Test/Validation, Manufacture
- Coordination of all cross functional collaboration with Structures, Mechs, Interior, Styling, Package, Safety, Vehicle Integration, FEA CAE, Test, Manufacturing, Service and Quality
- Cross functional interface for all other systems groups (i.e. Mechanisms, Chassis, EPS, Electrical, Body Structure, Interior, Seating & Restraints)
- Ensure that agreed deliverables are completed on time to meet cost, timing, quality, sustainability specifications and targets
- Generate RFQ/RFI documents & support supplier engagement
- BOM – Generate & track cost weight status against target
- Lead the generation and maintenance of system and component level DFMEA’s.
- Lead the development/management of DVP&R schedule
- Management of a Coventry based Design team
- Provide & present project status reports to management – technical, concerns & timing
- Oversee release status meetings (Both internal and with D&D suppliers)
- Attend design reviews and support package and vehicle integration meetings as required
Who you are
- Leader with proven track record of delivering Front Closures & Hang on part system/component technical design and integration from first principles
- Knowledge of multi material, pressing, forming technologies and advanced joining would be advantageous
- Experienced in utilising FEA analysis – Review & Interpretation of results to inform architectural/ material changes to meet target
- Experienced in system/component delivery within an APQP or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.).
- Ability to work proactively with minimal support using a logical approach in an environment with minimal documented processes
- Flexible to support other team members in multiple programs as required
- Intrinsically self-motivated with an ability to work to challenging budgets and time scales on multiple priorities
- Ability to manage and develop team, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercial awareness for preparation of projects and proposal development
- PLM Teamcenter and Catia V5 proficiency an advantage
- Relevant five-year multi programme closures experience desirable
- An Engineering Degree (Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered).
At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.