Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit an Engineering Process & Systems Engineer
In order to succeed at Polestar, you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciples is paramount. Attitude is everything at Polestar, we are always pushing boundaries and in order to achieve the unimaginable you must have a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
Process & Systems Engineer – Digital Vehicle & Vehicle Line
Reporting to the Digital Vehicle Manager, the Systems & Process Engineer will be responsible for defining & implementing some of the core business processes that Polestar needs to function smoothly and efficiently. Processes such as engineering change control, design maturity planning, product development systems, and production releasing (and many others besides). They all need to be authored and delivered in a way that fits in with Polestar’s culture and purpose, with the right balance of rigour and flexibility. We’re taking a fresh-eyes approach to scoping these processes, rather than accepting inherited processes fitting into legacy systems and tools.
These working methods will form the mainstay of Polestar R&D’s activities and, to be successful, need to be written with the collaboration of all the stakeholders. You’ll need to work with the R&D Function Groups, Programme Managers, PDM/PLM teams (managing Bills of Materials and CAD data), Manufacturing and Purchasing to come up with lightweight-but-robust approaches that cater for all requirements.
We are small team and wish to remain as light and agile as we can. Our processes must maintain control without adding unnecessarily to administrative workload.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a varied experience within both automotive OEMs and/or the Tier 1 supply base, with a broad understanding of the whole-vehicle product development systems and processes used in both smaller and larger organisations
- Have a solid understanding of (ideally multiple) automotive product development systems and the various support processes that are required to support them, e.g.:
- Engineering change control in both prototype and production contexts
- Production Releasing
- CAD management
- Design Verification & Validation planning, testing and engineering sign-off
- Bill of Materials and Bill of Process management
- Change recording and cost/timing tracking
- Deviations & Risk Management
- Procurement & Supplier Management
- Issue Management
- Not be a ‘purist’ process specialist, but have had direct hands-on experience of working within engineering processes on a practical basis
- Demonstrate the flexibility to draft process from scratch, with a genuine interest and passion to author processes that ‘do what is required’ rather than simply emulating existing approaches or copying industry norms
- Be inquisitive by nature, with the ability to ask why a control, approval or overcheck is required and what value it adds
- Be comfortable with trusting skilled teams to perform their roles honestly and effectively, accepting that control is not always necessary
- Exposure to the process of designing software-based systems that are lightweight and tailored to specific needs would be desirable.
- Experience of ISO/TS certification would be a clear advantage
- Knowledge & understanding of PLM and ERP systems
In addition to the above, you’ll require:
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills – at ease working with a cross-functional team of engineers and suppliers.
- Flexible, enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritise workload & manage external inputs/requests
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.