Let us describe the challenge we offer
Polestar is blazing a new trail, dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. One of the key pillars of the Polestar brand is in Sustainability, feeding a desire to create a truly climate neutral car in its entirety.
There is a strong vision within Polestar of developing Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission-free products. This exciting initiative is known as Project 0 and is the brand vision for creating a climate neutral car by 2030.
This vision considers GHG emission free product development all the way from initial raw material extraction to the manufacturing of individual components and finally to the mass production of new Polestar vehicles.
We are currently looking for an Electronics Components Specialist. Your broad automotive experience within electrical components manufacturing and materials will be invaluable to Polestar. If you are an innovative, open-minded person who believes that electrification is the future of the auto industry, we would like to hear from you.
This position will be based at our HQ office in Gothenburg, Sweden. Possible regular travel will be included.
What you’ll do
Polestar’s design and development teams are based in Sweden and UK. You will be working with many different areas of the business with a key link into Project 0 led by Advanced Engineering and the Electrical Performance & EMC team part of the R&D organization. This role will link both these missions of driving and supporting the Software & Electronics organization to deliver robust electrical designs with zero greenhouse gas emissions to the Polestar vehicle products.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Successfully ensure Electrical Performance conforms with applicable standards & requirements for Project 0, on time and to meet or exceed cost, design, and quality targets
- Liaise with major chip manufacturers to evaluate chip manufacturing processes, logistics and CO2e
- Liaise with major electronics components manufactures such as relay, resistance, capacitors and coils
- Work alongside Polestar’s material specialists to utilize and implement new PCB, copper, plastic, EDS technologies
- Work closely with the ELP and Basetech teams, as well as the Sustainability team
- Develop future strategies and technology roadmaps including highlighting new technology developments required to deliver new product content
- Prepare status reports and feedback to the project & line management teams.
Who you are
You have a strong will to create the future of electric vehicles. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organized and driven. You’re not afraid to try new approaches and out of the box methods. You are eager to find solutions even if the path forward is not straight. You are talented and good with numbers and have no trouble finding facts and figures.
To be successful in this role, we believe you have:
- Relevant experience in electronics components and chip manufacturing development
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills
- Electrical, Electronic Systems, Electro-mechanical, Automotive, or similar engineering degree. Other recognized engineering qualifications combined with relevant experience may be considered.
Desired experience, but not a must:
- Good understanding of Automotive Electrical system
- Experience of the full product lifecycle, from concept through to vehicle launch
- Previous experience with Volvo, Lotus, Geely or CEVT projects
- Experience of Automotive product development systems (VPDS, FPDS, GPDS, NPDS etc) and release processes within the automotive sector
- Experience of delivering electrical systems in accordance with Safety & Security requirements.
At Polestar, you will be a key member of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication.
Personal fit will be of great importance in this recruitment, as we are actively working to build a team with diverse experience, gender and background.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way…