Let us describe the challenge we offer
Polestar is on a blazing a new trail, dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. We are currently looking for a Electrical Performance Engineer. Your broad automotive experience within Electrical Performance and EMC will be invaluable to Polestar. If you are an innovative, open-minded person who believes that electrification is the future of the auto industry, we would like to hear from you.
What you’ll do
The Electrical Performance & EMC team is a part of the Polestar R&D organization. The team’s mission is to drive and support the Software & Electronics organization to deliver robust electrical designs to the Polestar vehicle products.
- Successfully ensure Electrical Performance conforms with applicable standards & requirements for multiple programs, on time and to meet or exceed cost, design, and quality targets.
- Define, distribute, follow up and verify compliance of Electrical Performance requirements.
- Supporting component owners with hardware design.
- Apply the usage of ISO 16750.
- At times of need support EMC engineers.
- Work closely with Electrical Performance, High Voltage & EDS teams.
- Define methods, tools, and processes to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Develop future strategies and technology roadmaps including highlighting new technology developments required to deliver new product content.
- Prepare status reports and feedback to the project & line management teams.
- Act as the company ambassador for the EMC & Electrical Performance team.
Who you are
You have a strong will to create the future of electric vehicles. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organized and driven. You’re not afraid to try new approaches and out of the box methods. You are eager to find solutions even if the path forward is not straight. You are talented and good with numbers and have no trouble finding facts and figures.
- Relevant experience in EMC & ELP development within the Automotive industry.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills.
- Good understanding of Automotive Electrical system.
- Electrical, Electronic Systems, Electro-mechanical, Automotive, or similar engineering degree. Other recognized engineering qualifications combined with relevant experience may be considered.
- Work permit to work in the UK or in the European Union.
Desired Experience, but not a must:
- Practical experience of vehicle electrical architectures based upon Ethernet, CAN, LIN and Flexray is highly desired.
- Experience of the full product lifecycle, from concept through to vehicle launch.
- Previous experience with Volvo, Lotus, Geely or CEVT projects.
- Experience of Automotive product development systems (VPDS, FPDS, GPDS, NPDS etc) and release processes within the automotive sector.
- Experience of delivering electrical systems in accordance with Safety & Security requirements.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining. In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive, performance.