- Full Time
Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit an EDS Systems Integration Engineer.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
The Electrical Distribution Systems are the electrical circulatory system of the vehicle, integrating electrical components together to satisfy the requirements of the systems which they serve.
The EDS Systems team deliver best-in-class wiring harness solutions, and are responsible for the EDS systems design, development, integration, validation, and delivery. We utilise industry best practices and toolsets to ensure an optimised design solution which meets our functional, quality, and sustainability targets.
The purpose of this role is the support the EDS Systems development of our vehicle programmes, taking ownership of the power distribution (including fuseboxes), grounding strategy (including equipotential bonds) and network integration into the EDS Systems design. Based in the UK, this role will play a pivot role in the planning and execution of the EDS Systems Engineering roadmap.
What you’ll do:
The EDS Systems Integration Engineer will be responsible for:
- Translating system diagrams for communications and data networks into physical harness topology
- Ownership of the integration of Data Networks into the EDS Systems design, optimising data networks to ensure compliance with Polestar and international standards along with functional requirements
- Ownership of the Power Distribution Network, including 12V fuseboxes. Defining, optimising, and validating the Power Distribution Network with respect to fuse type and hierarchy ensuring compliance with Polestar and international standards along with functional requirements.
- Ownership of the Ground Distribution Network, including equipotential bonds. Defining, optimising and validating the Ground Distribution Network
- Working with Polestar and supplier engineers to ensure Power mode and load balance of the 12V EDS system support all vehicle attributes
- Ensuring the EDS design meets EMC standards
- Interrogation of supplier DV/PV test data (i.e. USCAR testing)
- Support and perform DV and PV test activities ensuring on time completion of DVP with respect to the power supply, ground distribution and data networks
- Authoring of T-Regs related to EDS Systems
- Be authorised / senior authorised person qualified to work on HV vehicles and rigs
- Support EDS and Electrical test activities at Polestar, test house and partner facilities
- Support prototype vehicle and test rig fault diagnosis of EDS and electrical systems
Who you are
We are looking for a proactive team player to join the EDS Systems team, who can bring experience within the EDS Systems Integration domain to support the development and validation of Polestar’s vehicle lines and in-house Systems Engineering capabilities.
To be a great fit for this position we believe you have:
- Experience in end-to-end delivery of EDS Systems e.g. component datasheet & requirements collection, electrical schematics design, complexity development, design validation
- Experience in performing analytical and physical harness electrical DV testing
- A thorough understanding of Electrical Engineering principals and how these apply to EDS (i.e. Ohm’s Law, Kirchoff’s Laws)
- The ability to lead & carry out analytical system validation activities (i.e. fuse-blow analysis, voltage drop analysis) and physical system testing activities where required (i.e. testing to USCAR specifications)
- Experience in EMC testing of wiring harnesses
- Knowledge of Tier 1 harness supplier PV testing procedures
- Ability to identify technical risks within EDS Systems design, plan and execute testing to quantify the risk, and use a data driven approach to identify the corrective action(s)
- Ability to utilise CAD visualisation tools to support the EDS Systems design
- Experience with automotive product development process(es)
- The ability to work as part of a dynamic team and constructively challenge the status quo
At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.