We are now looking for a Digital Lead within the Digital Product Creation team who will work in an innovative environment, finding new solutions and driving out-of-the-box ideas. This role will require hands-on activities as well as team leadership and strategic planning.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
The Digital Product Creation area is part of the Digital Product Creation & Industrial Domain. The team/area delivers processes, methods, tools and information capabilities towards Design, Research & Development (R&D) and Manufacturing Engineering (ME). You will lead the Digital Product Lifecycle Management team with the aim of establishing a solid PLM foundation at Polestar with the flexibility to adapt to future needs.
As a Digital Lead, you will work closely with your team to ensure business values and user feedback are translated into new developments when necessary. Through your understanding of the market/industry, customer needs and your tech savviness you will ask the right questions and steer the team in the right direction.
This position is located at our Lindholmen office in Gothenburg. We understand that work-life balance isn’t easy, and of course, welcome our employees to work flexible hours and from home a couple of days per week if needed. Continuous travels to England are also current in this role.
What you’ll do
We are looking for someone who is a confident relationship builder, working alongside external and internal stakeholders to support your team in developing your digital products/services/platforms. You will be responsible for setting the vision and roadmap for the Digital Team and communicating this effectively to your team members as well as stakeholders outside the team and Digital Product Area. You will also enter the Digital organization during an expansive construction phase, and you will therefore have the possibility to influence the setup of our digital teams.
In addition to that, you will:
- Collaborate with e.g., the Digital Strategy team (under Deputy CDO/CTO), Head of Domain and Digital Product Manager (DPM), to ensure the overarching Digital vision and solutions align with the team’s strategy and requirements. Setting the end-to-end output strategy, from inception to production, for your team’s digital products/services/platforms
- Sett prioritizations in terms of capacity, including flagging changes in resource needs to DPM, as well as supporting budget planning
- Be responsible for following up on team-level KPIs and OKRs, and if needed steer the team’s direction to meet set KPIs/OKRs
Who you are
We are looking for someone with strong collaboration and communication skills in cross-functional teams and towards stakeholders. You should also have proven knowledge and experience of working in a similar role, leading a team towards a vision, understanding standard precision practices, technology and supporting industry principles. You have an easy way of understanding the bigger picture and can break it down into deliveries.
To be a great fit for this position, we believe you have:
- A thorough understanding and proven experience from working with PLM as well as with automotive hardware and software development. E.g. Document/Part Management, BOM Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, and Access Management
- Knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter UA suite or similar PLM platforms
- Experience and understanding of CAD development
- Led several teams and worked in Dev/Ops setup
At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating, and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait to submit your application. We apply a continuous selection process, and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way…