- Full Time
Let us describe the challenge we offer
Polestar is blazing a new trail, dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. We are currently looking for a rising star to join us as our Diagnostic System engineer. Your easy-going nature, social skills, dedication to details and deliveries will be instrumental for us to deliver current and new diagnostic designs for increased customer satisfaction and quality.
You will be an integral part of a team with a mission to deliver Base technologies like:
- Vehicle and Car Mode Management (VMM)
- Software Download and OTA
- Car Configuration
If you are an innovative, open-minded person who believes that electrification is the future of the auto industry, we would like to hear from you.
What you’ll do
You are primarily to act as our engineer responsible for our central Diagnostic System (CarCom) keeping it up to date and ensuring that the data inside it is correct and in the proper status for the different phases of our vehicle programs. This entails for example:
- Align expected content with integration leaders
- Add new car projects to the system
- Create development and production series
- Align with ECU owners across the organization to ensure proper input and status
- Freeze, release and export needed items for production, development or aftermarket
- Support others in how to use the system.
- Support in defining methods, tools, and processes to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Support development future strategies and technology roadmaps including highlighting new development required to deliver new product content.
- Assist in planning and monitoring of needed activities to integrate electrical technologies into new vehicle programs.
- Prepare status reports and feedback to the project & line management teams.
- Act as the company ambassador for the Basetech team.
This is a centrally placed role within Polestar R&D which presents a chance to expand both your general knowledge in an array of automotive technologies and establish a wide personal network within the organization.
Who you are
You have a strong will to create the future of electric vehicles. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organized and driven. You’re not afraid to try new approaches and out of the box methods. You are eager to find solutions even if the path forward is not straight. You are talented and good with numbers and have no trouble finding facts and figures. You thrive on interaction with persons from diverse disciplines and backgrounds and are excited at the opportunity to support and assist us all to create the best possible solutions for the present and future electric vehicles.
- A genuine interest in being part of creating the electric vehicles that is the vision of Polestar.
- Excellent communication, co-ordination and planning skills.
- Electrical, Electronic Systems, Electro-mechanical, Automotive, or similar engineering degree. Other recognized engineering qualifications combined with relevant experience may be considered.
Desired Experience, but not a must:
- Previous experience of automotive based diagnostics and diagnostic method work is highly meriting.
- Practical experience of vehicle electrical architectures based upon Ethernet, CAN, LIN and FlexRay is desired.
- Experience of Automotive product development systems (VPDS, FPDS, GPDS, NPDS etc) and release processes within the automotive sector.
Polestar – the guiding star!
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining. In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive, performance.
At Polestar, the sky is the limit.