Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Development Engineer in our Body Structures team.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
Reporting to the Principal Engineer / Program Lead Body Structures the Development Engineer will be responsible for playing a key role in the development of body structure systems for Polestar vehicle programs.
What you’ll do:
The Development Engineer will be responsible for developing the material and product validation plans to ensure whole vehicle testing is carried out in the most efficient way.
Other tasks you will be accountable for:
- Definition of material and component test programs to feed the whole vehicle digital analysis.
- Project management of body structure systems test programs to meet required project milestones from concept engineering to launch
- Feeding into and out of part and subsystem DVP activity driven by DFMEA
- Collaboration with other function groups to drive feasible and cost-effective solutions whilst also pushing the boundaries on structural performance and technology
- Planning CAE material correlation ensuring timing and relevance relating to live and future vehicle platforms.
- Ownership of the technical specifications, DFMEAs, DVPs and other key technical documents as part of the new vehicle development process
- Co-Ordination with the engineering and sustainability teams.
- Supplier management
Who you are
- You’ll have relevant automotive experience within Body structures or material validation environments.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of DFMEA and DVP planning in relation to structural performance.
- Understanding of laboratory test equipment and its use
- Proven track record of delivering vehicle systems
- An understanding and passion for future and current Body Structure and/or HV vehicle technologies
- Understanding and experience in New Product Development life cycle
- Ability to work flexibly within the wider Body Structures team
- Technical and personal credibility, working effectively with other functional teams
- Ability to prioritise workload & manage external inputs/requests, excellent communication, and co-ordination skills
At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.