Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Design Engineer in our structures function.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
Reporting to the Principal Engineer Body Structures, the Design Engineer will be responsible for component and system design of the body structure systems within Polestar current and future vehicle programs, on cutting edge bonded aluminium technology.
What you’ll do
- Design of body structure components and assemblies, plus other vehicle subsystems, to meet required project milestones.
- Complete component design of extrusions, castings, pressings etc along with assembly design in a CATIA V5 environment.
- Produce component and assembly level drawings.
- Deliver system designs to meet the requirements of technical specifications in accordance with design guidelines, standards and direction.
- Plan design activities in order to fulfil the requirements of the company’s engineering timing release system, considering timing dependencies with other systems where necessary.
- Represent the Body Structure Department in design and release reviews.
- Develop concepts and solutions to technical issues and mature final system designs to weight, cost and serviceability targets with confirmation through analysis.
- Collaboration with other function groups to reach design solutions.
- Manage and release data through the TCe system.
Who you are
- You will have an in-depth understanding of fundamental engineering principles.
- Have experience using CATIA V5 (assembly, part design and drafting).
- Experience in Body Structures of varying technologies is essential.
- Experience working in/for medium volume vehicle projects would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills – at ease working with a cross-functional team of engineers and suppliers.
- Good understanding of bolted and bonded mechanical joint design.
- Good understanding of GD&T standards.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical Body systems information across function groups is essential to the role.
- Flexible, enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise workload & manage external inputs/requests.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.