Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a CAD designer for Closures.
In order to succeed at Polestar you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciples is paramount. Attitude is everything at Polestar, we are always pushing boundaries and in order to achieve the unimaginable you must have a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
The CAD designer – Closure is responsible for door, tailgate and hood system design with the following skills-
- At least 5+ experience designing closures from studio surface feasibility to production ready.
- Your experience will include Set up closure geometry based on first principles and vehicle targets.
- Design and construct CAD models in line with best practice tooling and manufacturing methods.
- Experience with aluminium closure architecture, construction and joining methods.
- Forming feasibility – interpret and integrate forming simulation updates based on analysis.
- CAE FEA – interpret performance and crash analysis, then provide solutions to meet performance targets.
- Cross functional understanding and integration- Glass, sealing, regulators, electrical modules, interior trim, EDS and exterior hardware.
- Kinematic – Generate swing clearance check based on tolerance models.
- Degree qualified or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant automotive design modelling experience using Catia V5 and high level of exposure to aluminium BIW construction.
- TCE experience also preferred.
- If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.