We are looking for a Business Analyst for our Digital Product Creation team, working towards Mechanical development. For this role you need to have the courage to challenge the status quo, believe in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration and have a passion that enables you to really roll up your sleeves.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
The Digital Product Creation area is part of the Digital Product Creation & Industrial Domain. Digital Product Creation delivers processes, methods, tools and information capabilities towards Design, Research & Development (R&D) and Manufacturing Engineering (ME).
As Business Analyst you will focus on the Mechanical Development process within R&D, and you will be part of our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) team. You will enter the Digital organization during an expansive construction phase, where we are both building up the teams and the digital capabilities.
This position is located at our Lindholmen office in Gothenburg. We understand that work-life balance is not easy, and of course, welcome our employees to work flexible hours and from home a couple of days per week if needed. Continuous travels to England are also current in this role.
What you’ll do
The Business Analyst ensures that business and customer perspectives are addressed, eliciting information to enable delivery. This role works closely with the team to ensure alignment and cross-functional collaboration. The Business Analyst works as a liaison among different stakeholders to understand their viewpoints, and to ensure close alignment among stakeholders and the vision set by the Digital Lead. In addition, this role provides context around the market, competitive intelligence and customer needs and pain points, to help the team define the work at hand. As such, the BA plays a key role in ensuring the team is aligned, especially across competence areas.
You will also:
- Support the team with executing the Digital Team strategy, by providing fact-based analysis of the business/digital environment for the specific digital product/service/platform, by utilizing information gathered from a variety of resources and channels
- Driving an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) mindset across the team, by helping the team defining minimum value and user-testable outputs
- Responsible for supporting the creation of business requirements and user stories, for example by helping the team clarify acceptance criteria
Who you are
We are looking for someone with strong leadership, communication and influencing skills, with confidence in explaining complex processes or technical details to diverse groups of people. You have an easy way of understanding the bigger picture and can break it down into deliveries. Because of the area in which you will be working in, this also requires you to have deep technical and process-level knowledge of user needs and pain points.
To be a great fit for this position we believe you have:
- Proven experience working as a CAD Engineer, with Design Templates, CAD Standards, Parametric Modelling and ESOW (Engineering Specifications of work)
- A solid understanding of the MVP mindset, understanding the value of short-term planning and experience with writing User Stories, and decomposing work to drive prioritization.
- An understanding of PLM concepts
- Experience of automotive Mechanical development
- Familiar with working in Dev/Ops setup
At Polestar, you will be part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication. Since Polestar’s in a scale-up phase you thrive by working in a fast-paced environment.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, do not wait to submit your application. We apply a continuous selection process, and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way…