Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Brake System Design/Project Engineer
- Technical responsibility for all aspects of programme delivery & planning including 3D and 2D geometry maturation, target setting, specification, DFMEA, development, verification & launch
- Lead the design, development, testing and introduction for Foundation Brake and Brake Actuation components
- Translate programme deliverables into successful delivery plans to support vehicle/system/ component development & validation whilst championing relevant APQP functions at prototype builds and launch (PSW, PPAP, PFMEA)
- Working in close partnership with Tier 1 suppliers and internal stakeholders to manage the on-time, on-budget and in-spec delivery of all related commodities encompassing supplier and technology selection to optimise mass, cost & sustainability
- Creation & management of technical specifications, DVPs and DFMEAs
- Ensure that the component design and selection enables system & vehicle level attribute, mass, cost & investment targets to be met
- Support prototype builds, validation testing (component, system & vehicle) and launch
- Work seamlessly across the teams (R&D, Manufacturing, Service, etc.) to ensure a collaborative approach is applied to the delivery of the project(s)
- Should have min 3yrs experience in Brake Systems; experience in other Chassis Systems would be advantageous
- Should have experience working in Teamcenter and Vis Mockup
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) with experience of high-performance / niche vehicles or motorsport preferred
- Experience in designing components/systems and create drawings using Catia V5 would be advantageous
- Strong team player with the ability to influence and motivate others within the team and across the business to achieve the best possible results for the product/programme
- Ability to prioritise workload & manage external inputs/requests with minimal supervision
- Genuine interest in making efficient, sustainable products
- Willing to take responsibility and make decisions based on best judgement where data is not available
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.