“If you are passionate about people and feel excited about being part of transforming a whole industry – then keep reading!”
We are Polestar. We are detail obsessed, performance focused and determined to make the most advanced and exciting electric cars the world has ever seen. We blaze our own trail, one without compromise. We don’t believe in shortcuts. We innovate constantly and we are relentless in our pursuit of the best. We’re expanding, and we need people who share our vision and want to be part of something different.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
The Bicester Assistant Space Manager is responsible for supporting the successful operation of the new Polestar Bicester Space as well as several key events taking place in the local area. The Space team constitute Polestar’s front line and are their brand advocates, supporting their mission by creating memorable positive experiences for Space visitors. You will be responsible for supporting the Bicester Space Manager to ensure the full team consistently deliver on an incredible educational, immersive, and exciting experience to all visitors. You will make sure that visitors get inspiration and support to learn about Polestar from the moment they walk into the Space. Polestar has created one of the most innovative vehicles ever made, and you will help deliver an equally innovative and unforgettable customer experience.
The role will report into the Polestar Bicester Space Manager.
The Bicester Space
Polestar Bicester is our new Space offering a combination of the UK HQ commercial office, Customer Care Centre office and a Polestar Space for customers and prospective customers to learn more about the Polestar brand and experience our products first-hand. The Polestar Space will not only be a location for people to come and experience the brand and test drive our cars but will additionally be a location for customer and fleet/ business/ partner events throughout the year as well as working collaboratively with the Bicester Heritage team on their events programme.
- Support the Bicester Space Manager with coordinating and providing direction to the Bicester Space team
- Welcome customers to the Polestar universe by making their journey to ownership a delightful experience
- Ensure that you and the Space team provide a tailored experience based upon guests’ specific interests and agenda
- Educate and inspire guests by answering their questions
- Demonstrate a mastery of all Polestar products and services, the EV landscape, as well as local incentives for EV owners and be up to date on industry news
- Turn curiosity into intense interest by introducing people to the exciting vehicle and services that Polestar offers
- Build and maintain long-term business relationships with customers
- Support the Space Manager by scheduling and conducting excellent test drive experiences, pre-calls and helping walk people through the online purchasing process and after sales process
- Ensure the team are effective in lead generation, reporting and capable of assisting all customers with financing, insurance, charging and accessories where applicable.
- Monitor and maintain excellent customer feedback scores
- Act as a role model of Polestar’s culture and behaviours and mentor Product Specialists
- Support Space Manager with performance reviews, reporting, analysis and recommendations for improvements relating to the Space operations
- Support the Space Manager with team briefings and review sessions
- Support the Space Manager to arrange staff rotations, holiday, sickness cover and stock takes and cover Space Manager while on holiday or sickness.
- Vehicle preparation and sanitising according to Polestar standards
- Confidently converse with customers in the case of any complaints and escalate as necessary
- Adhere to all Health & Safety and Crisis Management documentation and processes
- Support the Space Product Specialists with onboarding and training
- Admin tasks – support the Space Manager where appropriate and liaise with the UK events manager responsible for the Bicester Space operations
You and your skills
As a person, you are curious, creative, and enthusiastic. You have a customer-centric mindset, strong communication skills, and an empathetic instinct which allows you to understand the needs of people around you. You are full of energy, self-motivated and make things happen – never settling for just the status quo.
- Love to go deep into the detail and navigates complexity with confidence
- Knowledgeable and assured, but respectful of others and never arrogant
- A thirst for learning and trying new things and never happy just standing still with the status quo
- Support and mentor the wider Space team
- Warmly and respectfully making sure customers get the support they require
- Work collaboratively with the team to get things done and create a positive Space atmosphere
- Seek out information and proactively addresses lingering customer concerns
- Ensure any customer’s concerns are being heard and addressed
- Provide a tailored experience for all guests and customers
To be successful in this role you will have a great eagerness to learn and passion for the Polestar brand, our dedication to design, and commitment to sustainability. Experience in the automotive industry is not mandatory for this role, but you must have:
- A minimum of 1+ years of experience in a client-oriented retail environment
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in leadership and people management
- Proficient experience working in a retail environment, customer service, events, tech or automotive/ EV industry is desirable but not required.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hands on team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong customer experience, analytical, organisational and reporting skills
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly and support the wider team
- Ability to work within a fast paced and dynamic team environment
- Desire to test new ideas and approaches
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
This role will require a valid UK driving license passing Polestar checks and with an acceptable safe driving record, and the ability to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you?
If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application.
Are you ready to join us on this exciting and fully electric journey?