Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient, and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit an Aerodynamic Project Engineer
In order to succeed at Polestar, you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciples is paramount. Attitude is everything at Polestar, we are always pushing boundaries and in order to achieve the unimaginable you must have a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for carrying out the following duties as an Aerodynamic Test Project Engineer within the Polestar Vehicle Attributes team
- Work with the aerodynamic development team on CAD geometry and part clean up as well as helping with physical test preparation and planning (e.g., vehicle preparation, part procurement, and logistics)
- CAD manipulation, surfacing and geometry creation for CFD simulation and analysis
- Liaising with the CFD engineers to ensure correct part selection for wind tunnel testing
- Prototype part sourcing and supplier engagement including full scale aero-buck build
- Creating 3D printable models from conceptual geometry and liaising with the additive manufacturing team to ensure timely parts for wind tunnel sessions
- Assist with wind tunnel data acquisition and post processing
- Occasional overseas travel will be required for Full Scale Wind Tunnel Testing in Sweden and Germany
Who you are
- You will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant area with some relevant industry experience
- Sound working knowledge of Aerodynamic/Fluid Mechanic principles
- Proficient in the use of CATIA or similar CAD package with surfacing experience desirable.
- Experience with PLM systems (Siemens Team Centre preferred)
- Be familiar with OEM product development systems
- A creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to resolve issues and innovate where required.
- Good initiative, with the ability to manage own time and priorities.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and aural), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams within the organisation.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office tools.
- Full driving licence is essential
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union
- Experience with physical vehicle development and testing including test planning and logistics
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.