Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Engineer for the exterior Advanced Engineering Team
In order to succeed at Polestar you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciples is paramount. Attitude is everything at Polestar, we are always pushing boundaries and in order to achieve the unimaginable you must have a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities.
• You are considered to have knowledge of Automotive exterior BIW, Body Structures with a range of materials & process application and keen to take your next step within a forward-thinking organisation.
• You’ll have a minimum of 8 years relevant experience
• demonstrate your ability to deliver highly complex systems and sub systems into a premium OEM
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of the requirement for the development of varied vehicle systems including vehicle exteriors & structural performance
• An understanding and passion for future and current exterior / vehicle technologies
• Actively have an interest in material applications, new materials or adapting existing materials & processes into new vehicle environments
• You actively challenge the norm and are keen to do things differently. Do things better. Not just do things ‘because that’s how we have always done them’.
• Experience in writing reports & presentations
• You have created engineering budgets and timing plans
• Have knowledge of new product development systems and processes and know how to work within them on an innovation program
• You can work proactively with minimal support using a logical approach in an environment with minimal documented processes
To be part of the exterior Advanced Engineering initiatives in pursuit of the company’s goals in sustainability, performance and technology advancements.
You will be involved in the project scoping, delivery and planning including system design, target setting, specification, DFMEA, development, verification & integration to live and future programs.
• To research, present and deliver first to market technology and products to help improve the future of Polestar vehicles in sustainability, performance and technology.
• You will drive results that feed into the appropriate external meetings and gateway events.
• Ensure delivery of all engineering quality documentation to support implementation readiness for all innovation projects including technical specifications, DFMEA, DVP etc…
• Provide regular report outs to the Principal engineer to ensure on time delivery, budgets and consistency is achieved across all projects .
• Undertake advanced engineering activities & research by yourself
• Collaboration with other function groups to drive feasible and cost-effective solutions whilst also pushing the boundaries on performance and technology.
• Build relationships and collaborations with suppliers, universities etc to develop materials and processes to achieve the Polestar goals
Minimum Required Skills & Experience:
• 8+ years working in Automotive or tier 1 supplier
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal & organisational skills, with good attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to work in start-up environment
• A Design or Engineering Degree (Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered).
• CAD / FEA skills would be a beneficial but not essential
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.