At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The IDL Tools team seeks to provide the industry leading tooling for uniform code generation across the entire Lyft ecosystem, with a focus on developer productivity. We enable the safest and fastest possible iteration of structured data interchange between systems at Lyft. We achieve this by empowering product engineers to focus on delivering business value by establishing & implementing reliable, safe, efficient, secure standards for APIs and microservices development across all of Lyft.
As an engineer on the IDL Team, you will be responsible for building tools, services and libraries to define and operate APIs and microservices at scale and to enable data interchange seamlessly between the services written in different languages. We are heavy users of Python, Go, Protocol Buffers and GraphQL and strive to drive the industry best practices across Lyft. You will have the opportunity to partner with hundreds of engineers across the company to champion best practices, improve development velocity and drive innovation.
- Championing best practices for defining and operating Go and Python services at scale.
- Design, build, and maintain to improve efficiency and observability of our code generation and service frameworks.
- Work with product engineering teams to understand their use cases, identify performance issues, and design and build scalable systems to solve for their needs.
- Integrate industry standard tooling across Lyft such as Protocol Buffers, linters and Proto RPC
- Collaborate with our partner teams to integrate our tooling into local development and CI workflows.
- Automate large-scale code changes and dependency management to ensure our ecosystem stays current with new technologies.
- Ensure Lyft’s microservices are highly observable, efficient and can evolve seamlessly over time and work with our data engineers to make data-driven decisions at each level.
- Develop ideas and shape the roadmap to improve our systems and processes long-term.
- 4+ years of software engineering industry experience.
- Experience developing in Go or Python. Experience with the Protocol Buffers or GraphQL is preferred.
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and Kubernetes.
- Take pride in improving developer productivity; your attention to small details and the desire to build the best ecosystem
- Value root causing operational issues and implementing systemic solutions and automation to make sure they no longer happen.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range in the Denver Metro Area is $130,240-$151,800 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.