At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for engineering managers to help us scale. Our engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, coaching, and honest feedback. They move fast and ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. Our engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests — some are involved in the technical details of their team and others provide general technical direction and oversight. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient and execute the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
On Driver, our mission is to cultivate and retain our best drivers. In this role, you will be responsible for our drivers' onboarding and early successes on the Lyft platform. You will also be responsible for driver loyalty and the Lyft Rewards program tailored to reward and retain our best drivers. You will have the opportunity to lead other engineering managers and a team of experienced engineers supporting iOS, Android, Web, and the backend services that power these applications. Finally, you’ll play a pivotal role in setting a long-term strategy and vision in partnership with Product, Design, Science, and Marketing.
- Build and lead an engineering team to innovate, execute, and deliver on challenging engineering problems against mission-critical business objectives
- Establish and lead a multi-year technical strategy and roadmap for the team. Contribute to the long-term product direction and vision for Driver
- Coach and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers through goal alignment, succession planning, and top talent retention
- Partner with product, design, and other engineering teams to create, drive, and deliver compelling products to our customers
- Partner with the Lyft recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Maintain a balance between building scalable solutions vs. shipping and learning quickly
- Instill a spirit of continuous learning and improvement in team processes, engineering practices, and org culture
- Managed managers, led a team of engineers, and guided them through their career development
- Experience managing multiple teams with 20+ direct/indirect reports
- Contributed to planning and design discussions based on your technical background
- Worked in a collaborative environment and committed to driving projects to completion creatively
- Motivated and instilled a strong sense of ownership in your teams
- Guided teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
- Focused on your customers and can think ahead and build for the future
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico.