At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Revenue Operations team is situated at the heart of Lyft’s business and acts as the “glue” for the organization, working with/across all cross-functional teams, Lines of Business, and with our Executives to align and deliver on our business objectives. We are a dynamic, fast-paced team that is responsible for Rideshare P&L management, tackling complex marketplace and operational challenges, understanding the interconnectedness of our business, shaping critical business decisions, developing detailed business plans, identifying strategic opportunities, and executing actions/plans to achieve our company objectives.
As the Market Insights Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of analysts on the Market Insights team. This team has a large scope and is responsible for analyzing and understanding business/market performance, trends, and insights. You will lead/coordinate hypothesis-driven analysis to root cause issues, develop/coordinate operational plans and inform investment allocation decisions to address business objectives, generate weekly business summaries for executives, and develop market-specific growth strategies. This team is responsible for reporting and educating xfn partners and Executive leadership on the health of our business. The team is also responsible for partnering with our other Lines of/Business and for driving / coordinating our business response to exogenous events with our xfn partners (e.g. Compliance, Legal, Pricing & Policy teams)
To be successful as the Market Insights Manager, you have a very strong background in analytics, a track record of managing high-impact teams, excellent problem-solving skills, and demonstrated ability to think strategically, ruthlessly prioritize, make challenging trade-offs, and can connect the dots via a well-formed understanding of the most pressing issues/opportunities to key shareholders. While you’ll work closest with the other RevOps teams, you will also work with multiple cross-functional stakeholders both centralized and distributed, to understand all aspects of running and managing a market across riders, drivers, and marketplace balance.
- Deeply understand Lyft’s business, our strategy, the markets in which we operate, metrics, processes, competitive position and levers we use to manage our business.
- Identify, evangelize, and capture opportunities to better run and scale our business via metrics monitoring, process improvement/automation, and optimized decision making.
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, subject matter experts, data scientists, and product managers to understand business requirements and build better collaborative processes.
- Identify, scope, and prioritize opportunities from Lyft’s broad operational scope to improve core business performance.
- Close collaboration with RevOps counterparts (and other product/eng stakeholders) to help create and execute regional operational plans to support core rideshare
- Develop relationships, identify opportunities, build/drive strategy, and execute on initiatives with cross-functional partners (eg Fleet, Lyft Business, Airports, etc) to drive synergies, align resources and improve ROI.
- Present findings, recommendations, and results to cross-functional counterparts and senior leadership on a regular basis
- Develop a team of analysts into domain experts across multiple focus areas
- Respond quickly to ad-hoc, time-sensitive requests from senior leadership
- Support both short and long-term strategic planning for regions.
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience managing high-performing teams
- 8+ years experience in an analytics role or equivalent
- B.S. in economics, applied math, statistics, engineering or other quantitative fields, M.S. preferred
- Experience with transforming analytical insights into organizationally-adopted strategy
- Comfortable working with very large data sets
- Expert SQL experience
- Experience with data visualization and BI tools like Mode
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $168,410-$197,800 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.