At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Actuarial team is an integral part of the decision-making process at Lyft with its important mission of accurately predicting and accounting for risk to make the platform safer. Lyft’s Actuarial team is looking for a strong Actuarial Analyst to join our Actuarial Data & Reporting team.
The Data & Reporting team’s core responsibilities revolve around ensuring risk-related financial data provided to FP&A, Accounting, and Actuarial is complete, accurate, appropriate, and that claims emergence, exposure mix shifts, competitor activity, and industry trends are proactively understood. The ideal candidate should have solid actuarial knowledge, data management skills, and strong communication skills as the person in this position will be communicating internally with Actuarial, Accounting, FP&A, Data Engineering and other teams, as well as external partners such as third-party carriers. This is a unique opportunity in the actuarial world to make a real impact at one of the most exciting companies in the tech world.
- Responsible for exposure and claim data reporting processes, which are used as the basis of actuarial analyses
- Proactively analyze and monitor claims and exposure data to understand changes and the impacts of those changes on actuarial analyses and the overall Lyft business
- Proactively conduct competitor and industry analysis so the actuarial team can stay ahead of the curve on emerging trends and risks
- Partner with Pricing, Reserving, and Modeling teams to improve and enhance the quality of risk data
- Manage the processes that ensure accurate and complete monthly financial reporting for risk-related expenses
- Develop and maintain processes that ensure SOX compliance around insurance data
- Provide ad hoc data-driven actuarial analyses for the broader Actuarial team
- Set and manage timelines to help facilitate communication of deliverables
- Seek out opportunities to create new processes and optimize for efficiencies
- BA/BS in a quantitative field with 3+ years of experience in an actuarial role
- Proven experience applying actuarial principles to unique situations
- Detail-oriented and highly organized self-starter with a drive to dig into complex problems
- Experience in the following systems/tools: SQL (required), Python (preferred), Microsoft Excel (required), Github (preferred), ETL tools such as Airflow (preferred)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a knack for process improvements
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 3+ CAS exams passed
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is a $130,240 – $145,200 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and U.S. territory: Alabama, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Puerto Rico
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.