At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a motivated Senior Accountant to join the Insurance and Investments team. This is an amazing opportunity to join a critical team that has immediate impact on the business. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities.
- Assist in managing and preparing the monthly close process for Lyft insurance and investments (including but not limited to monthly investment activity, prepaid amortization, and accruals)
- Assist in balance sheet reconciliations and flux analyses in accordance with close calendar timelines
- Assist in support of external audit, including preparation of audit requests
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners to facilitate streamlined processes
- Assist in documentation/implementation of internal controls and ensure SOX compliance in areas of responsibility
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and offer suggestions for improvements
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
- BS in Accounting/Finance, CPA license a plus
- 4+ years in Accounting; public accounting experience a plus
- Experience in Microsoft with a strong emphasis on Excel is a must; Oracle Cloud/ERP experience a plus
- Adept at thinking analytically with an understanding of theoretical accounting
- Proven ability to conduct accounting research
- Highly developed problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Insurance and Investments experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a larger functional team
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
This role is work-from-anywhere in the U.S., excluding U.S. territories.
Expected base pay range for candidates living in Colorado is $83,000-$96,000 and New York City is $94,000-$110,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering.