At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to design holistic, seamless and reliable user experiences for our Data team.
Lyft’s Data organization builds and scales infrastructure & platforms enabling Lyft’s fast-paced growth and plays a key role in establishing Lyft as the best transportation network. We process and ensure that the data & events flowing through Lyft’s pipelines can be accessed and utilized by engineering, science & operations for strategic and operational decision-making. From executives to data scientists, the power of our services impacts all facets of how Lyft is able to make fast & accurate decisions.
You will be responsible for creating user experiences that make it easier to access and engage with data, and to surface and share insights. The experimentation tools and analytics dashboards we design enable various Lyft teams to understand how our end users are engaging with Lyft’s products and services and use those learnings to make better decisions, prioritize their work, and identify opportunities.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, customer-obsessed, and passionate designer to innovate and execute. You should be comfortable designing complex multifaceted products for customers that are internal to the organization and very technical. Tooling design experience is required, and data visualization skills are a plus.
As a Product Designer on Data, you will be involved at every step of product development, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensuring design quality through launch. Using your full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, you will lead and own an experience for our product teams.
Our projects range from tactical to strategic business decisions, all the way to crafting the future of the Data, Science and Machine Learning organization. You will focus on unique and challenging end-to-end experiences as we consolidate the UX patterns, behaviors and aesthetics of the portfolio of all Data & ML products, forging a connected, intuitive, seamless and reliable user experience.
In many ways we function as a startup inside a larger business. Our Design and Research teams live and breathe user-centered processes to create the best possible, end-to-end experience for millions of Riders and Drivers daily. We can be scrappy when we need to be, though we are always focused on quality and influence.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of leading projects to successful outcomes for users and the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, and are able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You uphold a high quality bar and have a strong appreciation for the details. Above all, you approach problems holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision
- Plan strategically and think tactically as a partner with product and engineering to define the future of the team
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional partners) by bringing new ideas to the table
- 6+ years of experience working in Product Design, UX, UI, HCI related field with experience working on data-focused applications
- Ability to comprehend highly technical analytical concepts (e.g., machine learning processes, experiment configuration, exploratory data analysis techniques) and to communicate about them with a variety of audiences
- Experience designing on web for desktop a must. Multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc) a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially when communicating with analytics consumers
- Highly proficient with design tools (Figma, Sketch, etc.)
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)
- Excellence in design craft
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico.
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $130,240.00 – $188,320.00 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.