Group Product Manager, Marketplace Growth
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial and passionate Product Managers to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast paced company and industry.
The Growth team is fundamental to the Lyft Marketplace as it develops the Communications and Marketing technology that enables Lyft to model and deeply understand our user behavior. It is responsible for tailoring $100Ms of incentives, marketing spend and user experiences to attract and activate riders and drivers to use Lyft for existing and new use cases. To accomplish this mission, the Growth Group PM will:
- Lead a portfolio of products, platforms, and systems responsible for growing drivers and riders on the Lyft platform
- Develop new and improve existing acquisition and resurrection levers
- Be responsible for Rider incentives, Communications products, as well as optimization, targeting, and orchestration systems
This individual should:
- Be highly analytical + technical
- Have experience working in deep product domains – guiding system design and building scalable infrastructure while balancing short term deliverables with long-term vision
- Be detail-oriented and able to dive deep into complex technical concepts, but also abstract them to executives, stakeholders, operations, and legal stakeholders
- Have emotional intelligence and experience steering heated discussions into productive alignments, building trust with partners
- Maintain a strong POV on what to build for our users, amidst many different stakeholders with different goals and world-class scientists + engineers on the team with their own opinions
- Have experience managing, coaching, and developing a small team of PMs to execute and lead teams flawlessly
- Define shared vision and strategy across three marketplace teams (Acquisition, Communications Products, Growth Platforms)
- Work closely with partner teams to represent Marketplace Growth perspective on new initiatives, define Marketplace Growth requirements, and prioritize asks
- Manage a group of PMs to execute together on shared strategy
- Understand Lyft's strategic and competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance
- Build, recruit and lead a high functioning, high morale product team firing on all cylinders
- Manage and develop a team of product managers to execute against a comprehensive and unified roadmap
- Set incredibly ambitious vision that motivates and inspires your team, peers and leadership
- Deliver on this vision by setting your team's goals, success metrics and collaborating extremely effectively across the company
- Own your key metrics, financials and other resources and manage Growth like a business
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Minimum of 6+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years experience managing other PMs
- Ideally have a CS or Engineering background and/or professional exposure to growth marketing
- Experience managing OR/ML/algorithmic products across any product domain
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation.
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
- Ability to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level — within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies
- Experience with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, and visualization
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills — balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and all U.S. territories: Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Puerto Rico.
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $182,160-$211,600, depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.