At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on Field Associate to join the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in Denver, CO. You will operate in the field by driving commercial vehicles in order to pick up, deploy and rebalance our rideables on the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in Denver and support warehouse operations. You will report to an Operations Lead, and work together to ensure reliability and availability of our scooter and bike fleet, as well as overall operational excellence for the local micro-mobility program. This job is based in our Denver, CO warehouse and will work a set full-time schedule of five (5) eight-hour shifts per week. We operate 24/7 with multiple shifts available (AM or PM) and offer robust benefits for all full-time employees.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint, and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Follow directions given by the operations team member on duty to support the operational objectives for each shift worked
- Drive a Sprinter van or an electric-trike and to safely perform tasks related to deployment, repositioning and recovery of bikes and scooters
- Using a dedicated Lyft operations smartphone and application, navigate to/from and complete tasks as assigned (company provides devices)
- Follow all safety and road guidelines at all times
- Perform physical tasks including moving bikes and scooters, loading and unloading vans and racking and charging batteries or other equipment as needed
- Perform general housekeeping duties in the warehouse which include but are not limited to reorganizing and inspecting the bikes and scooters to ensure proper function and cleanliness, inflating tires, receiving shipments, etc.
- Perform vehicle maintenance tasks including taking vans to and from maintenance, service, repair and wash
- Work collaboratively to ensure objectives are accomplished, troubleshoot any potential issues and communicate solutions to the Operations team, report on shift activities and keep management abreast of any relevant updates
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience driving a commercial vehicle, preferably a Sprinter Van.
- Experience working in a complex, fast-moving, rapidly changing environment such as a distribution center, warehouse, restaurant, or delivery operation
- Safety-focused mindset with a get-it-done attitude and strong attention to detail
- Strong team player but comfortable making decisions independently
- Knowledge of city geography and street layout
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Must have a reliable means of transportation to and from the warehouse in central Denver
- Have and maintain a satisfactory driving record and be insurable under Lyft’s policy
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs repetitively throughout the duration of your shift; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time
- Proficiency with common technology tools like smartphones, Slack, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc. preferred
- Ability to work non-standard hours as part of a set full-time schedule of five (5) eight-hour shifts per week to support the 24/7 operation (including weekends and holidays).
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
For candidates living in Colorado the expected hourly rate is $19.05, depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.