At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a Design Program Manager for the Mapping team. The Mapping team is building Lyft’s first-ever proprietary map and navigation platforms, delivering crucial value to the business as well as our users.
Design Program Managers are strategic partners with the design leads, leading and driving the design work forward every day. You’re passionate about design, and will help develop process and structure around projects within and around the design organization to make it as effective as possible. You will work across teams to shepherd and manage the delivery of design and customer experiences to completion. A creative approach to the operational aspects is your strength, along with strategic thinking and planning. You thrive in taking complexities to a simple, actionable level across the greater design team, and provide transparency into the design process. You’re savvy at connecting the dots, being a trusted partner to cross functional peers at Lyft. You’ll be a leader within the design organization and an advocate for the Product Design team and the design process.
- Understand the core features and product inside out, and work with the team to help set design goals and trajectory
- Shape, drive and document processes and tools for effective team workflows and collaboration
- Support and elevate the quality of the design work
- Work directly with a multidisciplinary team of designers, researchers, prototypers and animators
- Collaborate, communicate, and negotiate with product managers, engineers and stakeholders at all levels across the organization
- Own and drive the design project lifecycle from strategic planning, scheduling, requirements gathering, design reviews, delivery and implementation to launch
- Scope and define projects strategically with cross functional partners and design team
- Lead quarterly planning and prioritization with cross functional teams, balancing multiple inputs and needs
- Provide up to date visibility into current projects, team utilization, project health and priorities
- Participate in and facilitate design reviews, prep, and post-mortems
- Collaborate with program management team and design leads with resourcing and team allocation
- Manage deliverables in an accurate and timely fashion
- 5+ years of experience working in relevant design industry – product design and/or consultancies
- Passion for user experience and design
- Proven ability to manage workflows, project plans and ship high quality design
- A ‘big picture’ approach in helping establish, support, and engage teams, while still managing the details
- Great communication skills, written and verbal, with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Attention to detail with borderline obsessive organizational skills
- Relevant understanding and appreciation of current product design processes and systems
- Comfortable with ambiguity and malleable workflows
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Resilience and equanimity in dealing with change, challenges and adversity
- Proactive in seeking opportunities to improve and expand team, personal skills and experience
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $94,000-$108,900 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and U.S. territory: Alabama, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Puerto Rico