At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Growth Markets Team’s mission is to bring Lyft to the world by launching and integrating new markets. Our goal is to make Lyft the transportation platform of choice for riders and drivers. Analysts on the Growth Markets team have the unique responsibility of managing revenue operations and market balance for newly launched markets, and transitioning those markets to centralized management. The team regularly generates and translates key insights into actionable recommendations that support decision-making and scalable growth. The team takes a strong data-driven approach to understand and identify how our business is performing at a regional and sub-regional level.
For our Lead Data Analyst we are looking for a business-minded analyst responsible for crafting critical insights for our new projects. You’ll be fluent in the operational and financial metrics that drive strategy, and experienced in providing visualized reports and recommendations for automated data solutions including predictive analysis. Additionally, you’ll partner closely with the wider Revenue Operations team to help develop operational plans, monitor market conditions, and inform resource deployments.
To be successful as a Data Analyst, you have a strong background in analytics, able to thrive in high-growth, ambiguous environments, and have a track record of defining and delivering initiatives that will help enable Lyft’s new project growth. You are able to work cross-functionally, think strategically, ruthlessly prioritize, make challenging trade-offs, and connect the dots via a well-formed and articulate understanding of the most pressing issues/opportunities to key shareholders.
- Develop frameworks and deliver analyses and insights to guide decision-making and prioritization across functions
- Uncover new areas of opportunity to enhance Lyft’s new projects
- Manage, build, and automate models and reporting to provide regional stakeholders with actionable insights on volume, efficiency
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data and analyses to influence business strategy
- Regularly partner with Product, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, and Data Science
- Present findings, recommendations, and results to senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders in creative and compelling ways
- Looks for correlation and causation to relate actions to impact
- Identifies solutions to problems that we don’t even know exist yet
Experience & Skills:
- 4+ years experience in management consulting, strategic data science/analytics roles in a technology company, or an equivalent analytical role in a high growth startup
- Proficiency in SQL, – Ability to independently break down large datasets and synthesize inputs from multiple sources (Python is a plus)
- Understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Ability to craft a compelling story and concisely present recommendations across teams and levels including both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to use data visualization tools to provide actionable insights and reusable frameworks
- Strong product and user experience sense (Tableau, Mode, Power BI)
- Proven ability to influence, negotiate, and inspire others in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Balance between intellectual curiosity and the desire to roll up your sleeves and execute
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $106,260-$126,500 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.