At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app and great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why we’ve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance and repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As a Vehicle Service Technician 2, you will report to our Lead Vehicle Service Technician. You will be responsible for the learning, execution, certification, and improvement of our work standards and processes, which are an integral part of our overall vehicle service system. Your role as a member of our team, as is everyone's, is to focus on the improvement of the whole system, so that our customer is better served. This work requires teaming, respect, problem solving and collaboration with all parts of our organization, always keeping our customer and fulfillment of their needs as the target. The work is to better understand how your work affects all the other pieces of the process, so that when all work interacts, better outcomes are created.
- Act as the highest quality vehicle maintenance and light service technician
- Perform routine automotive maintenance, such as oil change, vehicle inspection, tire rotation & replacement, wheel alignment, engine and cabin air filter replacement, and brake & rotor replacement
- Light diagnosis of drivetrain, suspension or HVAC problems and repair/replace components as needed.
- Responsible for performing and documenting daily equipment inspections and ensuring equipment is ready for use
- Clean and detail vehicles, as needed
- Provide training, assistance, and mentoring of entry-level technicians
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment on a continuous basis and comply with Lyft’s repair, safety, and regulatory guidelines
- Maintains and executes system standards and visual management
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Partner with team members to drive efficiency and resolve complex issues
- 2+ years of proven service work experience in the automotive industry is mandatory
- Must have experience performing oil change, tire rotation, repair and replacement, air filter, transmission flush, brake fluid flush, brake purge, AC service
- Minimum skills may be acquired through a qualified technical school certificate or equivalent related experience
- Preferred Qualifications include an A.S. degree or Certificate in MACS with previous experience as a mechanic working on light diagnostics
- Demonstrates commitment to solving problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Discipline to Standard Operating Procedures and Routines
- Must have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Strong teamwork skills (i.e. communication, respectfulness, listening, reliability, conflict management)
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Capable of standing, walking, and completing physical activity ~8 hours per day
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $22.62 – $25.00 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.