At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on Service Technician to join the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in Denver, CO. You will be responsible for supporting both day-to-day maintenance of our rideables as well as warehouse operations. You will report to the Lead Mechanic and work together to ensure reliability and availability of our scooter and bike fleet through key serviceability initiatives as well as overall operational excellence for the local micro-mobility program. This job is based in our Denver, CO warehouse and will work a set full-time schedule of five (5) eight-hour shifts per week. We operate 24/7 with multiple shifts available (AM or PM) and offer robust benefits for all full-time employees.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint and brings people together, we’d love to meet you!
- Performs daily repair and maintenance operations, including diagnosis and repair of electro-mechanical issues, preventive maintenance procedures and routine field quality and safety inspections.
- Maintain bike and scooter service records using a work order management system on company provided mobile devices and dedicated mobile app.
- Ensure that all assets are functioning, safe, and clean
- Perform physical tasks including racking and charging scooters, batteries or other equipment as needed.
- Assembling and setting up new bikes and scooters or other equipment.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in the warehouse which include but are not limited to reorganizing the bikes or scooters, assisting with loading and unloading vans, inflating tires, etc.
- Support inventory counts for repair supplies and spare parts
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience as a mechanic; hands-on electro-mechanic experience a plus.
- Aptitude for using tools commonly needed for repair of vehicles, bikes and scooters.
- Work experience in a fast-paced environment such as a service or distribution center
- Strong problem structuring and solving skills
- Safety-focused mindset with a get-it-done attitude and strong attention to detail
- Must have a reliable means of transportation to and from the warehouse in central Denver
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs repetitively throughout the duration of your shift; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time
- Proficiency with common technology tools like smartphones, Slack, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc. preferred
- Ability to work non-standard hours as part of a set full-time schedule of five (5) eight-hour shifts per week to support the 24/7 operation (including weekends and holidays).
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
For candidates living in Colorado the expected hourly rate is $20, depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.